Meguiars Engine Dressing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any used Meguiars Engine Dressing, we can get it here in South Africa but it is expensive due to our weak exchange rate.

I normally wash my engine bay and the spray silicone spray afterwards but I drive a fair amount of off dirt roads and dust sticks to everything so I was thinking of giving it a try?

Never used the Meguiars, however instead of Silicone, give good old Lemmon Pledge Furniture Polish a try, It doesnt attract dust! And leaves a nice shine
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Summerwind
Never used the Meguiars, however instead of Silicone, give good old Lemmon Pledge Furniture Polish a try, It doesnt attract dust! And leaves a nice shine
thumbsup2.gif

Interesting, we do get Pledge here.We also have a product which is a multi purpose polish Mr Min which might be better?
Does furniture polish protect rubber and plastic?

Originally Posted By: GTO52
thumbsup2.gif

Interesting, we do get Pledge here.We also have a product which is a multi purpose polish Mr Min which might be better?
Does furniture polish protect rubber and plastic?

It appears too for quite a while, I cannot take credit for the idea, a member over at a car site uses it all the time, and His "Underhood" is immaculate to behold!!! A very knowledegable Guy as well!! I have used it on my GMQ, and I love the results!

thumbsup2.gif

I was reading the instructions for Lemon Pledge it says to spray on and wipe off.Do you wipe it off?(Bit of a mission to wipe it all off?)

Originally Posted By: GTO52
thumbsup2.gif

I was reading the instructions for Lemon Pledge it says to spray on and wipe off.Do you wipe it off?(Bit of a mission to wipe it all off?)

Good question. What about belts, hoses, etc, is it harmless to them?

thumbsup2.gif

Just FYI: Lemon Pledge is silicone, mineral oil, solvent, and water. Don't think you're getting away from silicone by using pledge.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
S100 Engine Brightener works great; you can find it at most cycle shops.

Remember I am in South Africa, I am pretty sure we do not that here.
But we do get most of the Meguiars range.(At a price though!)

In reference to your earlier post, I just spray a light mist on, and let Her sit with the hood open for a bit...it seems to do just as well that way as spraying and then wiping. I just did the Merc this past Thursday, have been thru some dusty driving conditions, and it still looks nice and clean in the engine bay :)

Stoners Trim Shine or Duragloss #265 both work well -- if you can obtain them. I didn't know Megs made an Engine Dressing.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Stoners Trim Shine or Duragloss #265 both work well -- if you can obtain them. I didn't know Megs made an Engine Dressing.

Sorry I only found this out this morning, the Engine Dressing and Cleaner have only been released on the international market and will be released in the US next year?

Here is a what I found on a local Meguiars forum here in SA:

"These products are going to be released into the USA market for 2011 (not sure if I can say that but the cat is out the bag.. )

Expect a small packaging change (along the lines of the new Odor Eliminator G2316) but the formula will remain unchanged on both."

Last edited:
I saw that after I googled the product. I noticed it was offered outside of US. That should be a big hit. I'll buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back