McKinney Falls State Park - Austin, TX

wwillson

Staff member
The centerpiece of this park is the upper and lower falls. Which are not huge like Niagra, but are very pretty and to me an amazing example of the power of flowing water over millennia. Plus the tree roots in one of the pictures by the upper falls are just bizarre.

The park is on the south side of Austin very close to the airport.

https://rvthe.us/community/threads/mckinney-falls-state-park-austin-tx.167/#post-672

That looks like a ton of fun! I may have to head down there one weekend.. We've never stopped in Austin, just driven right past it. That needs to change.

Yes, it is a very nice area. Also like the Marble Falls. Another neat place is Washington on the Brazos. Texas has so much to see.

Originally Posted by JustN89
That looks like a ton of fun! I may have to head down there one weekend.. We've never stopped in Austin, just driven right past it. That needs to change.

Just drive down Lamar SE of downtown, there are tons of cool coffee shops and eateries, all one of a kind. I like those much better than the chains.

4WD - we almost went there, but chose McKinney instead. Next time....

Originally Posted by wwillson

Thanks for visiting … hope you found some good BBQ …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by wwillson

Thanks for visiting … hope you found some good BBQ …

Only one word needed: Franklin's

Had a feeling … I hit the original Luling City Market a couple weeks back … Gooood ribs …

That pool or the water near the dam on the Guadalupe will cool you down for sure …

Last edited:
Back