Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackstone
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W20
2012 Ford Fusion, 2.5 L
113,291 on vehicle, 7,989 on oil.
20% oil life monitor
First sample
"Aaron, this Motorcraft certainly could have handled more use, so if you are feeling brave in the future, feel free to follow the oil life monitor. Universal averages show typical wear for a 2.5L Duratec after about 7,500 miles on the oil, and your metals are reading quite low in comparison. There is some minor fuel dilution, but that's harmless and apt to go away on its own. The 4.3 TBN shows the oil still had lots of active additive left since 1.0 or less is low. All in all, a great first report.
Aluminum: 1
Chromium: 0
Iron: 4
Copper: 1
Lead: 0
Tin: 0
Molybdenum: 15
Nickel: 0
Manganese: 0
Silver: 0
Titanium: 1
Potassium: 1
Boron: 51
Calcium: 1249
Magnesium: 637
Phosphorus: 714
Zinc: 790
Barium: 0
SUS Viscosity at 210: 51.2
cSt Viscosity at 100: 7.63
Flashpoint in F: 365
Fuel: 1
Antifreeze: 0
Water: 0
Insolubles: .2
TBN: 4.3
~~
I tried and tried, but was not able to figure out how to post, so I just typed the info in.
The only items higher than the universal averages were: magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. All additives in the oil, I guess.

Who says you need a syn for good results? Blackstone always states they don't see differences in oil types when it comes to wear. Always heard this gen of Fusion was one of the better Fords.

The Ford Fusions and all Fords with the Duratech 4 cyl engine are very durable and long lasting. We have five in my family and all have high mileage, with my 2007 Fusion 253K and runs great. All of us use M1 20wt oils with 10K OCIs and MC filters.

Wow! Some engines just wear well regardless of the lube used. Really nice report, it could probably go 12k if you really wanted to. With numbers like this dumping the oil before 10k seems like a waste. Thanks.

I also have a 2012 Fusion. Going to run Rotella Gas Truck in mine for awhile since i got a good stash.

I havent seen anything negative at all on this engine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back