MC FL-820S Cut Open

Messages
8,265
Location
Virginia
It is a survivor LOL I believe the problems for that particular filter come in much colder areas where the oil is much more viscous at much colder starting temperatures. Like starting at the low 20s and going colder than that. Hope you have been doing good man. Take care of yourself.
 
Messages
7,243
Location
Cajun Country, La.
Thread starter
Thanks BB! smile We drained out MC Semi Synthetic 5W30 and went back with Amsoil Signatue Series 5W30. Question; What's the best synthetic oil for cleaning the internal engine parts? I would have to say Pennzoil Platinum or M1? Opinions?
 
Messages
8,265
Location
Virginia
Amsoil SS would likely be just fine for cleaning internal parts... Though Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1or Valvoline Advanced full synthetic all would likely clean some over time.
 
Messages
7,243
Location
Cajun Country, La.
Thread starter
Originally Posted by A_User55555
Cool. Just used the same filter on a relatives Mercury Grand Marquis. Hopefully it won't tear also.
Will you, or someone you trust, be cutting the filter open when you do the next OCI?
 
Messages
116
Location
New York City
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by A_User55555
Cool. Just used the same filter on a relatives Mercury Grand Marquis. Hopefully it won't tear also.
Will you, or someone you trust, be cutting the filter open when you do the next OCI?
Probably not. It took months of pushing my relative to change his oil. He was supposed to change it in November, but kept postponing it. Then Covid happened. He's high-risk, so I didn't want to take him to a crowded shop. We both live in apartments so I can't change the oil myself. He usually changes it at Jiffy Lube (bad I know), so I went with him to a less crowded Jiffy Lube in the area. It's not worth the hassle to ask for the filter back. Also, I can't justify paying $60 for an oil filter cutter. I can buy ~6 oil filters with that money. If it was my car, I'd keep the filter and cut it at some point. And I would be using a different filter.
 

4WD

Messages
13,120
Location
Texas
Originally Posted by sw99
Seems that these always look crummy but seem to work fine. Thanks for the pics.
Much of the design and construction is good … just think they need to step up the thickness or strength of the media … It's very easy to tear by hand when others are much tougher …
 
Messages
24,060
Location
PNW
It had the potential to tear with that super wide pleat ... it just needed the right circumstances like bbhero mentioned. Cut open by "someone you trust" ... seems flat earthing will never cease until the curvature of the earth is seen with own eyes, lol. wink Thanks for the C&P.
 
Messages
7,243
Location
Cajun Country, La.
Thread starter
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
It had the potential to tear with that super wide pleat ... it just needed the right circumstances like bbhero mentioned. Cut open by "someone you trust" ... seems flat earthing will never cease until the curvature of the earth is seen with own eyes, lol. wink Thanks for the C&P.
Don't you know that the earth is flat? I read it on the internet. crackmeup
 
Messages
7,243
Location
Cajun Country, La.
Thread starter
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Don't you know that the earth is flat? I read it on the internet. crackmeup
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Did Abe use a laptop or a smartphone when he surfed the web? LOL
 
Messages
13,343
Location
1/2 hr N.E. of Detroit
Originally Posted by Ignatius
Flavor of the month in June 2020: Fram Titanium and Fram Force Flavor of the month in July 2020: Ford Motorcraft
I think it'll be Motorcraft Full Synthetic. Still waiting for it's re-arrival at Wally World. But it may only showcase there in 0w20.
 
Top