Mazda ATF FZ - Factory fill removed and tested at 208k

I've run Lubeguard Red in every A/T I've owned for the last 25 years for that very reason (cooling).

I believe that the 'Platinum' LG is used as a 'converter' (ie: convert Dexron III into a fluid suitable for SPIII, Honda Z1 etc...)
I think LG Red is what's recommended when you are using the specified fluid.

LubeGard Red contains cleaning esters and a touch of AW additive. I would not use the Platinum as it contains more FM, which is not needed, regardless of what ILI tells you.

Honestly, the report was much better than I expected given the age of the fluid. I expected to see much higher wear metals. Shift quality was wacky. I still think lifetime fluid is a silly concept. That being said, I don't think I could make an argument that leaving this fluid in for 208k had any permanent ill effects.

The filter was changed with the fluid.

That obviously was good you changed that fluid.

I went 283,500 miles on my orginal CVT fluid in my car. I changed it before last winter with 3 drain and refills. I did the 4th one several months ago. Now at 316,300 miles.

I see 205 - 209F ATF temps driving down the highway in Arizona summer heat with my ‘15 6.

New high temp for ATF on Friday. Saw 219F for a while. ECT at 211F. ATF temp takes a _long_ time to come down. It was 118F outside at the time I recorded those temps.

My Silverado shows 199-205 ect and about 160-175 transmission fluid temp while cruising on a hot day. Stop and go traffic can get it to a little over 200, but I haven't had the temperature display long enough to know just how high it could get in extreme stop and go or hills.

LubeGard Red contains cleaning esters and a touch of AW additive. I would not use the Platinum as it contains more FM, which is not needed, regardless of what ILI tells you.
That's what I thought.
I even called twice spoke with 2 different techs. They both said the same thing?

New high temp for ATF on Friday. Saw 219F for a while. ECT at 211F. ATF temp takes a _long_ time to come down. It was 118F outside at the time I recorded those temps.

I smashed my record this past weekend, did a performance driving event and decided to shut it down at 230F as reported by the scan gauge. No idea what is actually dangerous, but I didn't feel very confident pushing past 230. Was driving fine and ECT was staying very reasonable (~205). I am guessing your 6 had no shift quality issues/symptoms as well?

I smashed my record this past weekend, did a performance driving event and decided to shut it down at 230F as reported by the scan gauge. No idea what is actually dangerous, but I didn't feel very confident pushing past 230. Was driving fine and ECT was staying very reasonable (~205). I am guessing your 6 had no shift quality issues/symptoms as well?

Correct, no shift quality problems. _Maybe_ a touch more whine than normal, but quite possibly not. The A/C fan was quite loud that day. (-:

Back