Maxlife ATF for Toyota WS

Originally Posted by N Heat
I did some very un-scientific reseach and found the following...

According to Wiki(not 100% reliable) some Suzuki Grand Vitaras had an Aisin tranny that was AKA the Toyota A750F, which is in my 4runner.

Aisin TB-50LS — 5-speed longitudinal (Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6 5-door, Isuzu MU-X 2.5), also known as Toyota A750F

I looked up every Grand Vitara on rockauto and not a single one had WS as a reccomended fluid, but Aisin Type T-IV or AC Delco Dex VI instead.

The majority of "specific" fluids are DEXRON clones. This isn't surprising.

Looks like in Europe Aisin calls for ATF6+FE in WS applications. Sure looks like a muti ATF to me.

Aisin ATF6+fe

Aisin ATFs

Last edited:
i have been running the maxlife in my tundra, no issues and shifts perfect. I didn't flush it but did a pretty complete swap so should be about 95% maxlife

Originally Posted by jdw1222
i have been running the maxlife in my tundra, no issues and shifts perfect. I didn't flush it but did a pretty complete swap so should be about 95% maxlife

What was your swap process?

drained the pan, refilled, then pulled a cooler line and started truck. pumped out fluid until it wasnt flowing, filled tranny with exact amoun that was pumped out, then repeated again until clean fluid came out of cooler hose.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RoyFJ
AISIN AFW+ synthetic WS compatible oil specs is closer to T-IV than WS. https://aisin.ae/upload/lpic/lpic_5.pdf

Its interesting that, in that PDF, the trans manufacturer call for a trans fluid change every 2 years or 20k kilometers under "normal" conditions and Toyota calls it lifetime fill.

Last edited:

drained the pan, refilled, then pulled a cooler line and started truck. pumped out fluid until it wasnt flowing, filled tranny with exact amoun that was pumped out, then repeated again until clean fluid came out of cooler hose.

Thanks. Im assuming that with refilling with near exact amounts, you didnt bother with level/temperature check?

I did check but it was right where it was supposed to be. There are some more detailed writers Available. I think a video on YouTube also

Hey guys,
What do you think of special mashine to make 100% fluid change.
Aisin says it’s a must...

Attachments

• EEA13E58-D3CD-4D66-B45E-DE3837617BF8.jpeg
    EEA13E58-D3CD-4D66-B45E-DE3837617BF8.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 134
Aisin recommends to change ATF with special machine.

Attachments

• 372FBA3B-C39A-4453-9578-8B23B9076ED7.jpeg
    372FBA3B-C39A-4453-9578-8B23B9076ED7.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 64
  • 7CEF6E65-6371-4BFD-BD43-F220032959C3.jpeg
    7CEF6E65-6371-4BFD-BD43-F220032959C3.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 67
Lifetime fill is by Japanese standard.
Do you know in Japan (not sure if it is still true) that a car can only be driven for 60,000 miles or 100,000 Km?
So lifetime fill means just that much mileage and since the car are thrown away after that, then it is lifetime.

The proof is there are a lot of seller selling 60K miles JDM engine pulled out from this car in Japan.

There are some other countries in the world that have this type of law.

Lifetime fill is by Japanese standard.
Do you know in Japan (not sure if it is still true) that a car can only be driven for 60,000 miles or 100,000 Km?
So lifetime fill means just that much mileage and since the car are thrown away after that, then it is lifetime.

The proof is there are a lot of seller selling 60K miles JDM engine pulled out from this car in Japan.

There are some other countries in the world that have this type of law.
There's a car inspection in Japan and it is a law. Certificate is valid for 3 years after the purchase of a new car and then you have to pass car inspection every 2 years. The price is not fixed and depends on the engine size and averages around $ 1,500. That is why people sell their cars in 5-7 years.

I use maxlife in my 09 Pontiac vibe AKA rebadged Toyota Matrix. And there is no doubt these are matrix’s they have the red coolant, WS trans fluid and all. My parents had they are identical. Anyway I use maxlife and love it.

Kinda strange when you hang out on automotive forums and read about guys spending money on expensive designer oils and methodical maintenance routines.....but when it comes to transmissions those same people are like...."yeah, "F" it....it's a lifetime fluid".

Too be fair....there are millions of Toyotas running around with crazy mileage on factory fill.

That said....I tend to be of the opposite camp. I've done 5 DAFs on my 5.5 year old Tacoma over the years.....using WS. But as I close in on 100k miles I will drop the pan, change the filter and go with Maxlife without hesitation.

Maxlife is all this ol' girl has seen in the last 3 years. 150k and shift flawlessly.

20191226_103928.jpg
20191228_112459.jpg

Last edited:
Back