Massive score on tires for the Heap!

I knew I'd be wanting to replace the old, worn out tires on my new (to me) GC, however I wasn't planning on it till it got closer to the season. Well, today at work I was poking around the TireRack wholesale site, low and behold they have 9 units of Firestone Winterforce 2 UV's in 245/70R16 on closeout for $41 each!!

Needless to say I immediately bought them. I'm going from up the factory 235/75 to the factory optional 245/70 so my speed will still read correctly and give me a little more meat. I just have to run to the warehouse tomorrow and pick them up! Between the $400 Jeep and this deal, I've had a solid 2 weeks of car luck!

I just picked up two sets of winter deals for 2 rides too. Blizzak WS80 closeout in 16” for a Mazda3 for $291, and a set of Firestone Firehawk PVS for my Buick for $385. They were listed as 2017 production but mine show February 2018.

I’ve never seen them for sale to the public before as they’re marketed to police fleets. “Pursuit Vehicle Snow”...I’ll have to give them a high-speed snow drifting session. The test by the Michigan State Patrol rated them highly using AWD Chargers.

Reactions: JC1
Winter tires used in the summer are squirmy and wear incredibly fast.

I'm going to shelve them at work until the snow flies, the Firestone Destination AT's on it now still have around 5-6/32's of tread so I'll run them until then. It was too good a deal to wait on, I'm in no rush to mount them. I have the luxury of doing my own M&B so there's no additional cost to me other than the hoops.

In that case...sweet deal! I misunderstood

No prob! I should have been more clear. If history is any indicator, I'll be selling the truck in the spring as I normally do with winter beaters so the new tires will be a big plus. If I decide to keep it, I'll find something else to mount for the summer months. Or not, given the cheap price. I'm quite sure that temp's over 50 will wear the heck out of them but it wouldn't really bother me but at $170 for the set I won't be upset in the least.

Back