Making the Highlights Darker Blue

nope, not fixed. The only way it works is if you hit "Toggle BB Code" icon, as another poster mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Try again - made it darker
Like the others, no change (at all to my eyes). I'm wondering if the setting for the text box highlight color is a different setting than the one you're changing. When I highlight existing text (like in Gebo's post right above this), it seems darker.

Ok, so I’m typing, and View attachment 25653then highlighting that type before posting...again on iPad...and it looks just fine...so, this appears to be an OS and/or browser issue as much as forum settings....

This is an issue affecting only desktop browsers on Macs (and perhaps others, but I don't have a Linux, or Windows machine connected to the internet to test), not iOS.

I've narrowed it down to the text input fields that contain the rich BB code editing toolbar; toggling it off allows the system's highlight color to take over, which narrows it down to the code governing that type of field, and I believe that is where Wayne has concentrated his efforts.

Try again - made it darker

Have you tried adjusting the background color as well as the highlight color? Sometimes, a group of colors don't play well together and end up with odd results, especially if they're similar, and BITOG's themes are dominated by a mix of light greys and blues.

I'm sure you've got other things on the punch list as well, but thanks for your immediate effort in trying to track this down.

to the text input fields that contain the rich BB code editing toolbar
Yeap, this is the case here. It's actually not uncommon on Xenforo so I'm not sure why the developers don't change the defaults so that admins don't have to deal with this. Best case is, once sorted, it's a setting that "sticks" across updates and doesn't have to be reapplied each time the s/w gets updated.

Back