Making the Highlights Darker Blue

The contrast looks very reasonable to me (on this machine)

highlight-1.png

highlight-2.png

Looks like this issue has been fixed, Thank You OP for bringing it up. I've noticed the "problem" myself and the highlighting was a very light blue, now it's a bright red. I was using Chromium web browser under Ubuntu.
Now, I haven't figured out how to get the QUOTE function to work yet (and don't see the option) but I figure that will come eventually as well.

Now, I haven't figured out how to get the QUOTE function to work yet (and don't see the option) but I figure that will come eventually as well.
Just click the Reply button in the post you want to quote. Then scroll own to the Reply box at the bottom of the screen.

I can't reproduce this on my iPhone. All of the BITOG color schemes have good contrast of highlighted text.

Just click the Reply button in the post you want to quote. Then scroll own to the Reply box at the bottom of the screen.

Yes, and if you want to quote multiple posts in your reply, just hit reply on each one of those posts, and each of those quotes will populate the reply box. Much simpler than before...

I wonder if it has to do with the default color scheme of your operating system, as in, these highlight colors follow your OS color scheme, but then the OP sees different highlight colors on different forums, so maybe not?
Hmmm, on my laptop, I have macOS in "dark" mode as well but my iMac uses regular, non-Dark mode. I'm not talking about themes on BITOG but the OS' 'theme'. Could be why I see a difference.

I can't reproduce this on my iPhone.
I don't think the OP is referring to mobile devices. Actually, he refers to his computer, an iMac.

I'm a little behind the times. As my cars and as my computer.
Off-topic: Keep your browser up-to-date ALL the time. Your iMac doesn't get OS updates anymore, correct ? Be careful using Safari as well because I'm not sure if you can update it on it's own. It may only get updated with OS updates.

I can't reproduce this on my iPhone. All of the BITOG color schemes have good contrast of highlighted text.
Yes sir. My iPhone is fine as well. IOS is fine.

Apparently, it’s on the MAC operating (desk top) systems.
It’s the same on my iMacs at church.

So it’s the same almost invisible blue on 5 different iMac desktop computers.
:unsure:

Dark mode at the OS (macOS) level doesn't affect highlighting color. With the dark mode theme from BITOG, highlighting is fine.

Using BITOG's default (non-dark) theme, with macOS dark theme - I know it is probably getting confusing - highlighting color/contrast is not good.

highlight-3.png

Some people's eyes may have no trouble while others might have to squint, but in the screenshot, there is highlighted text.

Yeah, that's rather bad contrast. Same goes for the vertical scroll bar on the right that is barely visible in BITOG Dark theme - someone already mentioned it in another thread.

It may have changed since but the Mac OS used to give you options for highlight colors or even make your own. It’s been a few years since I’ve been on a computer.

It may have changed since but the Mac OS used to give you options for highlight colors or even make your own. It’s been a few years since I’ve been on a computer.
It still does. I don't recall changing mine but I may have.

Mine was set to graphite and I've just now changed it to blue. Like QP said, with the dark mode theme here, it wasn't really an issue. I'm going to change to a light-colored theme and check with blue though.

Ahhhh ! Much better with light-colored themes.

@Gebo: Click the Apple in the upper left, System Preferences, General. What is "Highlight color" set to ?

Back