M1 EP HM 0w20 w/Hot Shot’s Stiction E. ‘08 Honda Accord 6,500 mi UOA

BFC93D35-A85E-4E22-8E4A-8DB3D5017D8A.jpeg

This is with Wix XP oil filter so it seems the filter did a good job. Gonna take this up to 10k miles before dumping it. It also seems that the Hot Shot’s Secret Stiction Eliminator helped a bit in keeping oil stabilized and TBN held up nicely for 6.5k miles.

Why would you use a diesel product designed for diesel mechanical injection in your Honda????

Why would you use a diesel product designed for diesel mechanical injection in your Honda????
I had oil burn and many others as well as myself believed it was coming from the low tension rings getting dirty and sticking. Stiction Eliminator can be used for both diesel and gas engines. It worked very well and my oil burn has gone away. Was nearly a quart per 1,000-1,500 miles. Has not burned any during this UOA.

I had oil burn and many others as well as myself believed it was coming from the low tension rings getting dirty and sticking. Stiction Eliminator can be used for both diesel and gas engines. It worked very well and my oil burn has gone away. Was nearly a quart per 1,000-1,500 miles. Has not burned any during this UOA.

Not sure exactly. Website or YouTube research needed to get into the science of it.

Attachments

• 8D262D39-C4C2-4439-B75C-8D6F4C11EF5F.jpg
    8D262D39-C4C2-4439-B75C-8D6F4C11EF5F.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 26
Thanks I had not heard that.

I've used the Stiction Eliminator to clean out a Chevy 4.3. It did do the trick running it the whole 5k OCI. Oil came out brown and under the valve covers was down to metal with some slight varnish. The cake on the rockers was gone.
Works on the same principle as the once popular Auto R-X; Esters, detergents, and dispersants. They throw in magic nano-moly stuff too. IMHHO better than Auto R-X which did nothing for a Jeep 4.0 I had.

Good the know !!!

Back