M1 Discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey is over the top. I think he has lost it. LOL. Let it go....people are getting killed in Iraq, starving in Africa and some are so #@$%! off about M1. LOL. How sad is that? It's pathetic quite frankly

I find it interesting that he now agrees that Mobil 1 EP is mostly Group III and not ideal for high performance.

He never disputed that Mobil1 EP might not be largely Group III.

What he disputed was the conclusion that ALL Mobil 1 was Group III based on a single sample of Mobil 1 EP.

He never disputed that Mobil1 EP might not be largely Group III.

What he disputed was the conclusion that ALL Mobil 1 was Group III based on a single sample of Mobil 1 EP.
December 2006 ? Seems debates over base stocks that far back will not match what is in the stores now …

He was right ... Mobil had not switched over en masse to Group III then or since.

There are no new base stocks in general use since 2006.
It’s about how much of what … no company is harder to follow on base stocks … they don’t waste PAO when the specs can be met some other way … for example 0w20 EP tends to be the highest PAO whereas 10w30 HM will be low

If it's your board why don't you just put and end to it?

It must bother him, joining just a few days ago and then digging up a 14 year old dead thread.

The original link to that forum is a dead one. The forum is likely dead as well.

What he disputed was ...
I take it you're another old codger who was around back in the days.

The post you responded to is 14 years old.

Mickey_M, who was active in some other forums, passed away in 2008.

Gary Allan, who banned him, passed away in 2011. He is still the 5th most prolific poster at BITOG nearly a decade later.

Most Messages

And the Mobil 1 Group III hoopla dissipated once actual information, not uninformed opinions, got the upper hand.

If a topic interests you start a new one. Dredging up a 14 year old thread with no current relevant information, and responding to it, helps no one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back