M1 Discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you might or might not remember a certain Mickey_M that used to be a part of this site. Well he is now on my forum (www.aeriostyle.com) duking it up with 2 of my members and I need someone to either clarify over there for the benefit of our other members what the deal is or what the point is of the discussion. The thread is here:
http://www.aeriostyle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6505

Thanks for any help in clarifying this.
confused.gif

hmmm...it doesn't seem that Mickey_M is the one causing a fuss...or am i misinterpreting the thread?

the guy that started the thread over there seems pretty ignorant IMHO...

Two days...three people...six pages of UBB ranting over M1.

Santa, please bring these guys some work and some friends.

Thanks.

I haven't the time nor the patience to deal with that long thread(I only read the first two post. Let's just say that Mickey no longer post her and it's been nice. But in this case he did not instigate the attack. Good luck with that drama .
popcorn.gif

I find it interesting that he now agrees that Mobil 1 EP is mostly Group III and not ideal for high performance. He also stated that the regular Mobil 1 is still PAO + V based. Only the regular meets the GM 4718M spec which doesn't make sense IMO.
smirk.gif

I got to the second page and my head was spinning. Difficult structure and colors there..

What Mickey wasn't challenged on (unless someone made the point in the later pages), is that Mobil took Castrol to the mat in an attempt to deny GroupIII is "synthetic". Castrol's argument, rightly or wrongly, was that their GroupIII is as good as Mobil's PAO, and thus can be labled synthetic based on the extended processes that bring dino up to GroupIII. Have I got the gist of the dispute?

How far did this go, the Supreme Court? Several layers deep into the Federal Appeals process? Can't remember, but to a layman such as myself, Mobil is free to fall back to GroupIII. But don't sit and say, after all the lawsuits regarding composition of a bonafide "synthetic", that we buy performance, not formula. THEY, Mobil, argued formula over performance for years, and now, here they are, playing games, doing the wiggle, and after all this, we STILL do not know if SuperSyn, standard-issue M1 "synthetic" is PAO, or GroupIII.

Proprietary, don't you know. It's not the product, it's not the performance. It's the weasle-wiggle, the pricing, and the non-disclosure now that it's convenient, vs. the full disclosure back during their lawsuits, when also, it was convenient. I was a life-long user of M1 and my Exxon card until the weasling started.

Now? I wouldn't buy a thimble of windshield washer from them let alone oil or gasoline. They won't notice, they don't care, but I do, and that's enough for me.. Scroo em..

Quote:

Quote:

Bill Clinton must have learned Mickey's ability to twist someone's words.

Actually, I think Mickey's "staying the course," regardless of how wrong he may be.
smile.gif

Perhaps, but no one asked him the right questions. To wit: 1)Why was PAO important while suing Castrol, but not now in the midst of questions as to PAO vs. GroupIII?

2)Is SuperSyn 5W20 GroupIII?

Simple questions asked and weasled, but never, ever answered by the ExxonMobil worms..

i switched from m1 to gc in my 2007 corvette and the engine exploded 2 days later!!!
crushedcar.gif

is this proof that i'm retarded?
hornets_nest.gif

This whole thing could all go away if XOM would come out and make a simple two/three-sentence statement:

Something like, "Mobil 1 xW-xx oil(s) are all produced using a proprietary blend of *exclusively* PAO/Ester/Alkalynated Napthalenes/etc. base oils and carrier oils, detergents, and other additives. We use no Group III or Group III+ base oils in the aforementioned pcmo's...period."

See? No weasel words, mumbling about performance, or the meaning of the word "synthetic".

What is so hard to understand about this? I read through the first two pages of posts and realized that Mickey_M is simply tap-dancing around the issue. It's obvious to any thinking person that they don't want to come out and take a stand and make a command statement about it. That's why we hear all the talk about "performance" and less about "true synthetics".

There is only one question that I want answered, and I haven't read or heard from anyone at XOM give a straight answer to it. Is there or is there not any GIII base oils in your "regular" grade pcmo's? (i.e. 0W-20, 0W-30, 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30)

That's it...that's all...nothing else.

It's really just that simple.

Quote:

Is there or is there not any GIII base oils in your "regular" grade pcmo's? (i.e. 0W-20, 0W-30, 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30)

That's it...that's all...nothing else.

It's really just that simple.

Maybe you are asking the question wrong...

Dear Mobil,

In the past you have stated all grades of Mobil 1 are composed of strictly Group IV/V basestocks.
Is this still true or have you withdrawn this statement?

Quote:

i switched from m1 to gc in my 2007 corvette and the engine exploded 2 days later!!!
crushedcar.gif

is this proof that i'm retarded?
hornets_nest.gif

Are you a troll, or would you like to explain that one further!
confused.gif

As to Mikey, he mentioned lying is a sin and then asked yugrus if he's out to seek the truth. Ahhhhhh, I love irony.
stooges.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back