M1 AFE 0W20 2018 Silverado 5.3L 6254 miles

Messages
587
Location
Prosper, TX
Thread starter
OLM was at 16% 6254 miles Used no oil Old report was ACDelco oil filter Latest report was Wix oil filter Report looks good

9EAE9FE9-2A8B-438E-B7D9-A380B99D11F0.jpeg
 
Messages
908
Location
PA
What does the Wix report cost vs the Blackstone? Copper and Iron stand out but not sure if they're high for this particular engine.
 
Last edited:
Messages
1,892
Location
Somewhere in time
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
What does the Wix report cost vs the Blackstone?
$9.49 ($$10.50 w/tax) when purchased through RA as Wix p/n 24077. Plus shipping to you from RA($2.99 to my door). Plus shipping from you to the analyzer (estimate $7) So about $21. And TBN is included as standard. Zero additional costs of any kind. Blackstone with TBN is $38 plus approx $7 shipping from you to them.

Screenshot_20200130-154325.png
 
Messages
908
Location
PA
So Wix won't just send you a bunch of free containers? O well, that's good to know they do TBN also. No fuel detection? I guess you can determine that from viscosity.
 
Last edited:
Messages
2,526
Location
wv
Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
What does the Wix report cost vs the Blackstone?
$9.49 ($$10.50 w/tax) when purchased through RA as Wix p/n 24077. Plus shipping to you from RA($2.99 to my door). Plus shipping from you to the analyzer (estimate $7) So about $21. And TBN is included as standard. Zero additional costs of any kind. Blackstone with TBN is $38 plus approx $7 shipping from you to them.
You can also get the kit from napa. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FIL4077 and Amazon https://www.amazon.com/WIX-Filters-...&hvtargid=pla-643746616221&psc=1 Oreillys also has it but its like $19
 

4WD

Messages
13,522
Location
Texas
[quote=K20FA5]OLM was at 16% 6254 miles Used no oil I have two - they use no oil[/quote]
 
Messages
587
Location
Prosper, TX
Thread starter
Originally Posted by 4WD
[quote=K20FA5]OLM was at 16% 6254 miles Used no oil I have two - they use no oil
That's good to hear! I've been keeping an eye the oil level waiting for it to start dropping. At least that's what you read on the internet LOL[/quote]
 
Messages
13,322
Location
1/2 hr N.E. of Detroit
I'm having a difficult time reading some of the small print. How many miles on the vehicle? I didn't expect the AFE to be so thin at 6K..... 6.9 and 7.2. No oil loss with @100 numbers that low - inside a 5.3 engine is impressive.
 
Last edited:
Messages
11,914
Location
North Carolina
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I'm having a difficult time reading some of the small print. How many miles on the vehicle? I didn't expect the AFE to be so thin at 6K..... 6.9 and 7.2. No oil loss with @100 numbers that low - inside a 5.3 engine is impressive.
I saw that, but i did not see a fuel % or a flashpoint to see if fuel dilution is the cause.
 
Messages
13,322
Location
1/2 hr N.E. of Detroit
Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I'm having a difficult time reading some of the small print. How many miles on the vehicle? I didn't expect the AFE to be so thin at 6K..... 6.9 and 7.2. No oil loss with @100 numbers that low - inside a 5.3 engine is impressive.
I saw that, but i did not see a fuel % or a flashpoint to see if fuel dilution is the cause.
So is there a chance the full dipstick level was caused by dilution dispersed? I'd just guess and say the Virgin [email protected] for 0W20 AFE would be bordering 8. Plus. don't the 0w20s in general, not shear much?
 
Top