M1 5W-30 - Nissan Titan - 2245 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good so far, but that low of mileage on almost any oil will show good results. Need to run the M1 for at least 4 to 5K to get a better overall picture. Lead is coming in at less that 0.5ppm per 1k miles, which is excellent. Next time, get a TBN result. Will show you more data on the oil condition and longevity factor.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
Looks good so far, but that low of mileage on almost any oil will show good results. Need to run the M1 for at least 4 to 5K to get a better overall picture. Lead is coming in at less that 0.5ppm per 1k miles, which is excellent. Next time, get a TBN result. Will show you more data on the oil condition and longevity factor.

Thanks Schmoe, will do.

Here we go, thanks to a friend of mine for hosting this pic here it is. It gives more information than my initial post.

-

Hi all, just wanted to post my latest oil sample and see what you all thought of it. I know there aren't many miles on it but I wanted to check it due to some people advising not to use a synthetic in this engine. It didn't look too bad to me but you guys are the experts, so I await your comments. By the way, this oil was subjected to numerous charges to redline, I haven't learned how to keep my foot out of this wonderful engine yet!! Oh yeah, the engine is an all aluminum 5.6L V-8.

Total miles on my truck - 11485
Total miles on oil - 2245

Thanks,

Dale

AL 3
CR 1
FE 9
CO 2
LE 1
Tin 0
Moly 57
NI 0