Lucid Air

Just saw commercial for it during the Orange Bowl. Sharp car. $70k Lucid is basically owned by Saudi Arabia. That's a lot of deep pockets backing.

Press tests are starting to ramp up on this. Jonny Lieberman from Motor Trend just did 409 miles in one charge. LA to San Fran.

Plus it went 35 more miles back to Lucid HQ, plus it had more range to spare (he won’t reveal how much left - press embargo I assume).

The car said 503 miles range when he started out.

Photos and comments on his Instagram account.

The factory that makes them is 45 minutes from where I live and if the company itself can build their car and prove to be more consumer friendly than Tesla, they will win in the long term.

5AEC3365-F6F2-493A-BFA6-BD3366C993C9.jpeg

CE7DFED7-3DE5-4984-BA83-046B420C0F6B.jpeg

1A193582-1812-4920-A49B-5CF35DF1C584.jpeg

First journalist drive. 450- 500+ miles real world range. First models will be 933 HP - 1,111 HP.

$169,000 for either the Dream Range or Performance models. Cheaper single motor versions to come around $70,000

Lucid claims their motor can spin to 20,000 RPM, make 670 HP and only weighs 163 lbs.

Last edited:
Dunno about the looks of this car... Strange, but that's just me.
Tesla had to release the affordable (?) Model 3 before they became profitable.
Porsche Audi have their ICE cars to buffer the cost of designing and building their expensive EVs.

I wish Lucid luck; they will need it. Their cars had better be pretty special to take marketshare from Porsche and Tesla.
I doubt they will sell many $70K cars... But $170K ? Please...
And the new Benz is near, right?
Again, good luck Lucid. Maybe i'm wrong?

I still find it amazing the motor, gearbox and inverter make 670 HP, only weigh 163 lbs and is small enough to theoretically fit in a standard piece of carry-on luggage
A9226817-2020-4A7F-A0A7-721BEF210523.jpeg

I do like it, I find the exterior to look classy, and the interior seems very pleasant. It would be a comfortable place to be on a road trip. Especially with that claimed range.

Unfortunately, the price is $150,000 too high for my budget.

I have seen one running around here a couple of times.
Sorry, but that thing looks like an upside down battub, and not in a good way like the gorgeous 356...

The Lucid has a better chance of competing with Tesla than most if not all of the legacy automakers because it was designed as an EV from the ground up by people that know what they are doing. But ultimately they will need a model in the sub-$50K category or better yet sub-$40K category to grab much market share. Sure, a deluxe model for $75 $85K would sell. But when EV's start reaching $150K they severely limit their market.

The styling has some cues that I like and others that look poorly executed. But overall not a bad looking car. I still think the long in the tooth Tesla Model S is the best looking EV and think that the Model 3 and Model 3 need some serious restyling in the next couple of years. C'mon Elon, hire some designers with some sense of classic design and not a bunch of fresh out of college kids who think a Prius was the ne plus ultra of EV stying.

It will be interesting to see if Fisker survives and actually starts shipping a lot of vehicles. But I wouldn't bank on it.

Lucid has no clue what it is doing when it comes to the hardest part of being a car maker. Volume production. It took tesla years and years to get to its level of volume.

Lucid does what its target audience doesn’t need, going really fast in an old man car.

Some drag racing youtubers tested it alongside the plaid and could not get the advertised numbers out of the Lucid. Not that it matters in the slightest. It is not an SUV and it does not have a 5 digit price tag and it does not have units you can buy.

That is a very good looking car! As Cujet said, $150,000 is out of my budget. I can't think of any car that is WORTH $150,000 to me, I don't care how rare, exotic, popular, or new.

Back