Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Has anyone performed a Blackstone analysis on Lucas oil stabilizer? I will get one done with UOA if anyone is interested? Also what id the makeup of LOS??? I know what it does, just no clue what it is.

Here is the skinny on LOS Unless listed all are 'Zero' Lucas Virgin TBN - 0.1 Visc - 615.3 FP - 435 Calcium - 3 Magnesium - 1 Phosphorus - 4 Zinc - 2 Rotella T / LOS 5 to 1 blend TBN - 8.5 Visc - 115.4 FP - 420 Boron - 17 Silicon - 2 Calcium - 1442 Magnesium - 7 Phosphorus - 604 Zinc - 817 Does anyone have any feedback on Rotella blend, have I diluted it since it is a 5 to 1 mix??? or 83.33% Rotella / 16.67% Lucas

To feel good because it says to on the bottle? Looks like a worthless additive to me, wonder what it really does that isn't showing up on the OA

Nothing but an oil thickener. You are better off just stepping up a weight if you want thicker.

Quote:
Here is the skinny on LOS Unless listed all are 'Zero' Lucas Virgin TBN - 0.1 Visc - 615.3 FP - 435 Calcium - 3 Magnesium - 1 Phosphorus - 4 Zinc - 2 Rotella T / LOS 5 to 1 blend TBN - 8.5 Visc - 115.4 FP - 420 Boron - 17 Silicon - 2 Calcium - 1442 Magnesium - 7 Phosphorus - 604 Zinc - 817 Does anyone have any feedback on Rotella blend, have I diluted it since it is a 5 to 1 mix??? or 83.33% Rotella / 16.67% Lucas
Is the VIS in Cst and at 100C?? if so Lucas is a OCP polymer VII and your rotella mix is now thicker than a 250 gear oil bruce

I sent this in because I have been using for over two years in my previous vehicles and had no problems. I did send in the regular version, I assume the synthetic version is just that...same stuff differant version. I will not be using this after the next oil change, I already have my oil blended for oil change next month and refuse to throw it away and I definatley won't use it in my wifes mini van.. So with all of this said....is there really a need for an additive to top shelf oil? (Rotella / Delo / Delvac) If a quality additive is available what is it? I want something that does not require me to order a drum at a time or only available in Kansas on Saturdays when it is raining.

So, you guys think this is 'harmful' to the car? Or you just don't see a point in using it? It DEFINITELY helps cold start ups. On my 4.6 Thunderbird, every morning I cranked it up with a 10w-30 conventional oil in it, it would chatter for 3-4 seconds until the oil made it to the top. I then went with 4 quarts of 10w-30 and 1 quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer and that never happened the whole time it was in there. Next change, I didn't use it, and still it never once chattered. So, I just use it every other oil change. I like Lucas products. I guess because I have never had a problem with them. I may only 'feel' that they help, but I know they have never caused a single problem.

I don't think it's harmful, but i would never use it (never have)especially after seeing that VOA, snake oil IMO, if i want thick oil i'll run a 20w50, use a good dino or syn. and you don't need it IMO..$.02!!! but i guess if you say it works for you go for it.