Lucas Oil Stabilizer questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jeep 4.0 is known to be a noisey engine, and I've had a few people suggest Lucas Oil Stabilizer. They claim it does wonders to quiet the engine down. The only additive I trust so far is MMO. I watched one guy pour the Lucas into his engine and it looked like honey pouring out of the bottle it was so thick. Wouldn't that be very bad for cold starts? Whats the viscosity of this stuff? I don't know much about it so just figured I'd ask.
banana2.gif

Do a search here, TONS of information, but pretty much the Lucas Oil Stabilizer is not held in high regard.....

And yes, that engine is noisy, I got the same year as you do.

Right now with 10w-30 PP and Z-Max Mine runs as smooth as it ever has, 150k+ mileage. PureOne Filter.

Lucas has been discussed and beaten to death here. The general consensus is the product is garbage. It does work well for people trying to sell a car that makes a lot of noise or burns oil. In fact a dealership I worked for added it to a few trades that we should have passed on and it did quiet them down. One came back when the customer decided to do an oil change and heard the knock the shop was trying to hide by adding Lucas in the first place. I wouldn't add it to anything I planned on keeping. JMO

As 123 and D stated do a search there was at one point a VOA of this [censored] and there's absolutely nothing in it that will benefit a engine,all it is is basically a bottle full of viscosity index improver's(oil thickeners).

i suppose if one had a old 1980 POS that had no oil pressure they needed ot keep running a few more years yea it may be beneficial to that thing.

leave it on the shelf for the next sucker!

Okay thanks for all the info. I was kind of skeptical of the Lucas once I saw it pour out of the bottle and other things I have read about it.

123Saab, What is Z-max? I am using Pennzoil YB 10w40 now but will try Pennzoil Platinum 10w30 my next change.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Okay thanks for all the info. I was kind of skeptical of the Lucas once I saw it pour out of the bottle and other things I have read about it.

123Saab, What is Z-max? I am using Pennzoil YB 10w40 now but will try Pennzoil Platinum 10w30 my next change.

Do a search here in this Forum about Z-Max, more Info about it than I could possibly put in this post!
smile.gif

The Lucas product probably does quiet the engine down...but that doesn't mean it is improving wear. The 10w40 you are using should do the job just fine.

Lucas OS is worthless and I would never use it in a modern car engine.

Only time I used it was in my classic 67 GTO because for some reason those cars like Lucas OS. Most likely bacause those engine ran well on 20W50...

its not a bad product for the right application. its good for an old oil burner or a wore out import that rattles like crazy on start up

Is LubroMoly MOS2 comparable i.e. does it have the same functional capability? If so, it does have stellar reviews.

- Vikas

LBM shouldn't be in the same thread as this [censored],yes good product try a search MANY posts on it,i run it my self.

I use it too. I am saying use LBM instead of the Lucas snake oil.
We are both saying the same thing.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I use it too. I am saying use LBM instead of the Lucas snake oil.
We are both saying the same thing.

- Vikas

In that case here have one!
10.gif

I read on a thread somewhere the lucas OS was the equivalent to 140wt gear oil. I believe that.

I honestly don't use anything Lucas branded except for the Octane booster, which I haven't been able to debunk yet.

but the trans fix and power steering stop leak.. nothing more than thickeners, which can lead to more issues!

I'm waiting for a lucas rep to come in here where I work and challenge me.

Garbage. Lubro-moly and mmo seem to be the only products in this snake oil,I mean additives category that live up to their hype. Lucas has a great ad campaign tho and people seem to buy it. I wonder if I can sell them that bridge in new York I just aquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back