Local Autozone clearance

Baton Rouge store $20 All weights of Rotella "gas truck" 5 quart jugs (1 quart bottles also on clearance almost $6) $20 all weights of Mobil 1 annual protection 5 qts. $20 valvoline synthetic 5 qt. Jugs

The local Advance Auto in my area started selling the Rotella gas truck oil some months ago. The counter help said it was selling very poorly. Guess that explains the clearance sale.

Originally Posted by Electromotive
The local Advance Auto in my area started selling the Rotella gas truck oil some months ago. The counter help said it was selling very poorly. Guess that explains the clearance sale.
As I recall the local Advance Auto parts store was selling that Rotella for $45/5qt jug. Maybe that way it's not selling too well wink. Plus this AAP store is literally 500 feet from a Walmart store, not good for oil sales for them LOL. Whimsey

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Looks like AZ is listed as a participating retailer for the RGT $10 rebate, I'll watch for it at the local AZs.
Yep, and I just got my rebate check for RGT I bought 3 weeks ago at autozone smile

My rebates of RGT came very quickly. 3 jugs on one rebate was a breeze, and $21/jug at Amazon was a bargain. I really would get more, but my needs are fully met.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Looks like AZ is listed as a participating retailer for the RGT $10 rebate, I'll watch for it at the local AZs.
Yep, and I just got my rebate check for RGT I bought 3 weeks ago at autozone smile
Oh ya thanks for reminding me stud, I have 4 rebates to file today that will make my 20 qts of RGT............ FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!! thankyou Dave

Dave: I havent got around to hitting the Autozone near the gf. If they have 4 or more RGT jugs I'll grab them. You get ALL the deals I see LOL

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Dave: I havent got around to hitting the Autozone near the gf. If they have 4 or more RGT jugs I'll grab them. You get ALL the deals I see LOL
Well im also just stocking up cause "word on the street" is its hard to find Clearance deals on the shelves in Chi-town. Many back door commercial account deals and dirty employees smirk Dave

Yeah, but you know folks in AAP or..... Either way, building a stash like you and I are is ALWAYS good. My friends appreciate the free oil changes smile

I stopped by the local Auto Zone to check the deals. Rotella Gas Truck $15/5qt. jug. 0W-20&5W-30. Same for Valvoline ME oil. They were out of the Rotella in 0w-20 so I nabbed a jug of Valvoline. The also had some Pennzoil euro oils for $4/qt. I will check out other AZ stores for more stock. BTW w/military discount the price was ~$13.50. Less than Super Tech and probably almost as good. I really have enough oil I just don't have enough cars! [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Passport1
I stopped by the local Auto Zone to check the deals. Rotella Gas Truck $15/5qt. jug. 0W-20&5W-30. Same for Valvoline ME oil. They were out of the Rotella in 0w-20 so I nabbed a jug of Valvoline. The also had some Pennzoil euro oils for $4/qt. I will check out other AZ stores for more stock. BTW w/military discount the price was ~$13.50. Less than Super Tech and probably almost as good. I really have enough oil I just don't have enough cars! [Linked Image]
Anyone else seeing RGT for $15? Minus rebate would make this oil $1/qt!

Picked up 4 gallons RGT at $15/5qts. Rebate on sales slip $10/jug. $1/qt. edit- max $40 MIR/household.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Picked up 4 gallons RGT at $15/5qts. Rebate on sales slip $10/jug. $1/qt. edit- max $40 MIR/household.
Good deal!

PIcked up 5qt M1 AP for $15 and 2 more 5-qt of Rotella Gas Truck with the rebate, everything will even out to about $2/qt. Not bad. Lots of stock left on the shelf, I'll be back when single quarts drop to $2, they're at $4 now.