List an oil Additive you'd use / No Comments

Where are y'all finding this stuff? I'm only able to find Rislone High Yardage Engine Treatment.
I believe they discontinued the High Inch-age version... It worked great, but someone started using it to treat ED, and killed it for the rest of us.
Since this is seven years old, might have answered before but as listed below: Rislone High Mileage. Such a pretty blue.
Smells good too as I just discovered

Do you have any thoughts on the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of Castrol’s Ti additive or Ravenol using the Vanlube W-324 in some oils?

@chris719
Vanlube W-324
amines, bis(C11-14-branched and linear alkyl), tungstates - It appears to be an evolution of a long-standing story. A refined iteration of long chain tertiary alkyl primary amine tungstate, which had been employed previously by Castrol, albeit in notably viscous oils, where its harmonious collaboration with ZDDP raised significant doubts. On the whole, I cannot recall any notable breakthroughs, yet the oil and additive garnered considerable renown.

castrolst.gif
castrol2n.gif

cast.jpg

Castrol’s Ti
as you can observe from the captivating :) vintage illustrations, it undeniably serves as a testament to Castrol's extensive reservoir of expertise in FM stuff. However, it is prudent to abstain from pronouncing the enduring existence of Ti additives in the future, even in the immediate future. Nevertheless, considering the insights gained from their experiences, it seems evident that Ti additives outperform W compounds. While for me it remains uncertain.
What is worth noting is that both types of compounds (Ti-/W-) are known to generate ash.

MMO. Used it first in my 1975 Plymouth 318 to quiet lifter noise. Worked fine. WE had a 4cyl Cummins power unit lock up from rats nesting in breather over winter and peeing in it. We couldn't turn the thing over with a 36 inch Stilson. Poured MMO in the cylinders and came back in an hour and it was freed up. You either like MMO or you don't I've found. I like it. I use it routinely in my mower gas.

Back