Lisle Tools pronunciation

Yeah gotta love spelling and pronunciation etc etc.
Ever since I've been a kid this brand of tools name to me, is Liss-Lee, some call it Lyle, I know someone that calls it Lie-cel.
Who cares it seems this day and age many folks mess up the proper names of lots of things. 😍 :love:

The consensus is in & sounds like OP is "messing up the proper name" of this brand's pronunciation.

I will keep saying it how I like to and how its spelled. Sort of like how some pronounce "Wash" as Warsh, Car as Caah, etc.😍

I will keep saying it how I like to and how its spelled. Sort of like how some pronounce "Wash" as Warsh, Car as Caah, etc.😍
You must be a hoot to be with - deliberately mispronouncing people’s names and words…

“Lisle” is a proper name. It is pronounce exactly the same as you would pronounce “Lyle”.

The company was formed in 1903 by C.A. Lisle. Phone the company and listen how the receptionist answers the phone, then case closed.

A06ECB0C-E98E-442D-A225-CAFDCC9B448B.jpg

You must be a hoot to be with - deliberately mispronouncing people’s names and words…

“Lisle” is a proper name. It is pronounce exactly the same as you would pronounce “Lyle”.
Cool then spell it as LYLE, and not as LIS,,,,,,LE 😛

@Exhaustgases said he/she/they prefers to continue pronouncing it as Lis-Lee. This is perfectly fine with me, as I have no dogs in this race, but he/she/they will never mispronounce Mr. Lisle's name again without thinking about just how wrong it is! :)

@Exhaustgases said he/she/they prefers to continue pronouncing it as Lis-Lee. This is perfectly fine with me, as I have no dogs in this race, but he/she/they will never mispronounce Mr. Lisle's name again without thinking about just how wrong it is! :)
So many names are mispronounced by most everyone. BTW I do have Lis-Le tools. :love:

Back