Lionhart tires -- anyone use it?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Richie
Or are simply putting new tires on a car you plan to sell
Nah don't do that either. If I went to go look at a car for sale and saw it had Lionhart or Ling Long tires on it, I'd walk away immediately.

There's obviously no sense of pride in ownership.

Unbelievable.......
Care to explain?

I don’t care for fancy tires. But don’t put $31 tires on the car either.

NOPE...I won't explain.

Reviving this thread because I wanted to know if op has any updates or if anyone has more feedback about this brand. I know it's a low cost Chinese tire, but they've been around for at least a few years and the reviews I've found are mostly positive, just not that many. Found a set for my BMW that was way too cheap to pass up, so I'm going to roll the dice as well. I feel like for regular driving and around town they should work just fine

I have a pair stashed in my garage that I got cheap from Amazon. Had the tarriff in mind. Can't judge performance yet, obviously. Reviews were good enough to jump on.

Originally Posted by eljefino
I have a pair stashed in my garage that I got cheap from Amazon. Had the tarriff in mind. Can't judge performance yet, obviously. Reviews were good enough to jump on.

What car did you get them for? Size? Model?
I picked up a set of 225/55r17 lh-503 w rated for my 5 series

Originally Posted by gtmaster303
Originally Posted by eljefino

What car did you get them for? Size? Model?
I picked up a set of 225/55r17 lh-503 w rated for my 5 series

Prius in 185/65R15

I wonder if Lionhart is made by Lexani? I say this only because treads look identical to me. Lexani is, I believe, owned by Nexan. I've run several Lexani's on the rear of my slingshot. AFAIC, its a decent tire, held the balance for duration of tread life.

Been using these for the past 4 years on my 2012 IS350 (255-225/40/R18), no issues at all. Not sure why many are complaining of nose levels, I don’t notice anything different from when I ran Ohtsu or Falken tires.

I don’t really care where it’s made, after all, a tire is JUST a tire - it isn’t rocket science to manufacture them. Plus, the name is pretty badass, I’m a Leo, go figure lol.

And for those merc/bmw snobs; try lowering that nose or you’ll end up poking someone’s eye out 🙄

Chinese tires on a GL550 Benz

33.gif

Is it any different that "Fraken Brew" oil in a $5,000.00 or $6,000.00 motor?

Is it any different that "Fraken Brew" oil in a $5,000.00 or $6,000.00 motor?
Its just kind of backwards. That's a lot of money for a high end high performing car. To put plastic cheapo tires that only the cheapest Mexican tire shops sell, is just the wrong direction.

However, I think I will try Milestar tires for the rear of my Genesis soon. They aren't quite as knockoff as the Lionhart and my car didn't cost near as much either.

Its just kind of backwards. That's a lot of money for a high end high performing car. To put plastic cheapo tires that only the cheapest Mexican tire shops sell, is just the wrong direction.

However, I think I will try Milestar tires for the rear of my Genesis soon. They aren't quite as knockoff as the Lionhart and my car didn't cost near as much either.

We agree that MileStar tires are a good tire for the money.

I think folks might be a bit hard on him. I know his roads are almost as bad as they are here in MI. Lion hart tires are not bad, and I know some folks who have use them. They only have two issues: 1) Wear faster 2) suck in snow. Other than that, they will be just fine....

Besides, he could be saving for a real nice set of tires... :) Or not planning to keep it long....you never know!

Milestars are pretty good..... also wear quicker too. But, much cheaper than the major brands, so it makes up for it.... :)

Milestars are pretty good..... also wear quicker too. But, much cheaper than the major brands, so it makes up for it.... :)
My Hankook Ventus V12's have 12,300 miles on them and I think I'm at the wear bars on the rear, there's no way the Milestars can have worse wear :ROFLMAO:

I think folks might be a bit hard on him. I know his roads are almost as bad as they are here in MI. Lion hart tires are not bad, and I know some folks who have use them. They only have two issues: 1) Wear faster 2) suck in snow. Other than that, they will be just fine....

Besides, he could be saving for a real nice set of tires... :) Or not planning to keep it long....you never know!
When riding Lyft or Uber was still a thing, I saw so many Chinese tires on those cars - SF/Oakland have bad roads and those drivers want to reduce overhead costs.

now, even those Chinese brands are coming from Thailand, Indonesia or even Malaysia to escape tariffs.

Back