Lionhart tires -- anyone use it?

I just installed a set of Lionhart 295/40R21 tires on my car. Made in China...

I like them but they are still new. Anyone used this brand before?

On the 2015 Mercedes GL 550 with low miles that you recently bought? I don't even see the brand listed below so truly a no-name. But that's not to say they won't work well for you. What brand tires were on there since it only had 19k miles?

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/

Seen them in a tire chain (Auto Tire, I think). Didn't look bad. I'm sure their post tariff value will make them an appreciating investment
crazy.gif

Last edited:
Let's see how they perform. I've put a couple of hundred miles ad so far so good. They are very sticky and corner well. I live in Indiana where the roads are full of potholes. They tear up the sidewalls of the tires so I never fully use the tread.

My biggest fear with cheaper tires is delamination. Hopefully these are OK... the reviews I've read are positive;.

Holy moly. I just looked and those are perhaps the lowest end tire you can find in that size. The 16" high profile touring tires on my car cost more than those 21".

You bought a new Mercedes and use cheap Lionhart tires?
31.gif
lol.gif
27.gif

I mean, it would be different if you had a 20-yo Saturn and just needed the cheapest new tires you could get to pass inspection.

When they wear out, go up a grade to Linglong or Joyroad tires.

P.S. That is a nice model car though.

All the lionhart's I've had the luxury of balancing have been horrendous. I can honestly say none of these were going on a Mercedes. Maybe you've gotten lucky.

Alfred, like you say, try them out and see. They made it past the first hurdle, which is getting them mounted, balanced, holding air and rolling without issue. They've remained smooth and quiet for you so far. I've seen this brand listed through Walmart for a year or so now. I know I didn't have great luck with Antares Comfort A5's through walmart, but I had them on the front of a heavy and heavily used minivan. They were smooth and quiet but wore completely out in 18K miles.

There's so many variables in terms of application and usage for tires, it's impossible to predict how they'll be for you.

IMO, cheapo tires are fine for a small, light car, especially if the car isn't used much.

Last edited:
Or are simply putting new tires on a car you plan to sell

Originally Posted By: nthach
Unless you drive for Uber, don't bother with cheap tires.

Originally Posted By: Richie
Nah don't do that either. If I went to go look at a car for sale and saw it had Lionhart or Ling Long tires on it, I'd walk away immediately.

There's obviously no sense of pride in ownership.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nah don't do that either. If I went to go look at a car for sale and saw it had Lionhart or Ling Long tires on it, I'd walk away immediately.

Unbelievable.......

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Unbelievable.......
Care to explain?

I don’t care for fancy tires. But don’t put $31 tires on the car either.

Have put 600 miles in the past week and so far they are still in balance and smooth. I don't drive faster than 100mph but they are able to quickly reach that speed and sustain without much effort unlike the Continentals before them.

In a year when i put 20k miles and is time to replace I will have a better outlook on it.

Back