Linglong Crosswind M/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general consensus on this forum is stay away from no-name Chinese tires.

So you're not going to get a response that you'll need.

I have Vitour Polar Bear studded snow tires on the Daughters Golf. Been happy with them but she only drives around town with them. They are noisy as studded tires are wont to be.

Here are some bad reviews:
https://simpletire.com/Reviews/items_reviews/56/8807/crosswind

I wouldn't risk it. Major brands have had some success manufacturing tires in China but to higher specifications than the Chinese brands.

I'm not sure why you are asking about road noise. To whatever extent a tire is good off-road, it's going to be loud on road. If you want quieter on-road, get an AT rather than an MT.

Lastly if you're going to drive this set of tires in snowy/icy winter weather, I would advise against it, they will have horrible winter road traction and fairly poor in rain too.

I'm not against cheap tires for offroading but the moment you wrote "road noise" they began to seem like a bad idea... just my opinion.
smile.gif

Doesn't need a major brand. Just needs to look else where. MileStar makes a highly rated (132/ 4-1/2 stars on a major Internet tire seller site) A/T called the Patagonia.

You are right tho-he should be looking at an A/T tire.

They do have the same named tire in an M/T designation-and it's got 157 /4-1/2 star reviews.

One review-
After installing them on my truck, i took it out for a test drive. For having such large open tread blocks, the tires are surprisingly quietly, not only at 40 MPH, but also at highway speeds of 70 MPH.

This brand (MileStar) is one of the very few good Chinese brands.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
Doesn't need a major brand. Just needs to look else where. MileStar makes a highly rated (132/ 4-1/2 stars on a major Internet tire seller site) A/T called the Patagonia.

You are right tho-he should be looking at an A/T tire.

They do have the same named tire in an M/T designation-and it's got 157 /4-1/2 star reviews.

One review-
After installing them on my truck, i took it out for a test drive. For having such large open tread blocks, the tires are surprisingly quietly, not only at 40 MPH, but also at highway speeds of 70 MPH.

This brand (MileStar) is one of the very few good Chinese brands.

Yeah the MileStar Patagonia is supposed to be an awesome tire, a local Jeep club I follow online runs them like crazy.

Originally Posted by edyvw
The most important thing when it comes to safety is tire, and yet people are willing to gamble head on their shoulders for $100.

I was waiting for this melodramatic comment. It's a standard (and biased) comment that normally appears on a thread like this. Some BITOGers just can't comprehend a good Chinese product...yep just can't fathom it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
The most important thing when it comes to safety is tire, and yet people are willing to gamble head on their shoulders for $100.

I was waiting for this melodramatic comment. It's a standard (and biased) comment that normally appears on a thread like this. Some BITOGers just can't comprehend a good Chinese product...yep just can't fathom it.

Linglong is not a no name brand, they are one of the largest tire manufacturers in China. I see them everywhere when I am working in China... on cars, trucks, buses, They build a decent tire for it's price point.

^ Okay but the standards in China being what they are, there is almost nothing in China that meets American standards, except "maybe" cell phones... yeah you know the brand I'm "talking" about.

In particular, almost everything generic (Linglong is not a major brand here so for our purposes it is generic) made of rubber coming from China, not only falls apart but stinks to high heaven while doing so.

I do accept that it could be a cheapest way to get a job done. I don't accept that cheapest way is acceptable for tires driven on public roads when it's also the concession of terrible performance any way you look at it because off-road tires.

Granted, you can drive really slow, but that may not help enough on an icy hill or curve banked the wrong way. I might be going off on the wrong tangent here, camoweasel never stated these are for winter use (too) in PA. I just don't want to see someone get in an accident, I'd rather be stuck in mud off-road than hit someone else or a telephone pole on-road.

To be clear, I'm a jackarse for drifting away from the very simple question camoweasel asked, lol... just giving reasons why not to get them.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine had them on his truck..he said he was on his 2nd set... but they are directional tires.

One of my favorite m/t cheapo tires are mud claw.

[Linked Image]

With respect to your questions of a low budget tire and road noise/tread life. Expect the absolute worst and hopefully get pleasantly surprised.

The road noise they typically can keep them quiet for the first 5k-10k so you can't return them.

Originally Posted by Miller88
They're mud tires: poor life and loud is the name of the game

This......

You might want to check out Falken wildpeak AT2.

Originally Posted by CKN

So they equal to Bridgestone, Pirelli, Continental, Michelin, Good Year?

Originally Posted by CKN

...I was waiting for this melodramatic comment. It's a standard (and biased) comment that normally appears on a thread like this. Some BITOGers just can't comprehend a good Chinese product...yep just can't fathom it.

How about NOT supporting a country that could care less about pollution, human rights, fair trade etc. Start thinking about WHY ? the product is cheaper ... is it because those Chinese companies are just so darn efficient ? Or maybe for reasons that are not so warm and fuzzy ...

Originally Posted by geeman789
Originally Posted by CKN

...I was waiting for this melodramatic comment. It's a standard (and biased) comment that normally appears on a thread like this. Some BITOGers just can't comprehend a good Chinese product...yep just can't fathom it.

How about NOT supporting a country that could care less about pollution, human rights, fair trade etc. Start thinking about WHY ? the product is cheaper ... is it because those Chinese companies are just so darn efficient ? Or maybe for reasons that are not so warm and fuzzy ...

America has some ties with some pretty evil countries-get over that fact. I could care less where a product comes from. REALLY....I could care less.

Originally Posted by CKN
America has some ties with some pretty evil countries-get over that fact. I could care less where a product comes from. REALLY....I could care less.

How much less could you care? I mean, I could not care less about COO, but apparently it still matters to you.

wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back