Linde Signs Agreement with ExxonMobil for Carbon Dioxide Off-take

Not an expert by any means but I read somewhere recently that one company injected a bunch of CO2 into a target formation and it all escaped in gaseous form to the atmosphere. Louisiana rings a bell. Can this be true or is it fake news?

They are having trouble getting permission for the pipelines. Going on in Illinois right now.

Not an expert by any means but I read somewhere recently that one company injected a bunch of CO2 into a target formation and it all escaped in gaseous form to the atmosphere. Louisiana rings a bell. Can this be true or is it fake news?
Could be either. Usually with these types of stories important context has been omitted. An example could be that it was a test well.

Actually, CO2 is quite easy to liquify. Here is the phase diagram. The range of temperatures is not too bad. The axis are in bars and degrees kelvin. One bar about 14.5 psi 10 bar is 145 psi. Room temperature is 20 degrees which is about 290 K.

You know those CO2 fire extinguishers you can buy? The have liquid CO2 in them. When you pump CO2 in a storage formation, it will be a liquid. At higher formation temperatures found in storage reservoirs it will be a supercritical fluid which makes it easier to flow through the porosity of the rock such as a sandstone.

D5FD09C8-5FED-4873-8BBA-8F76C88F5339.jpeg
9346CEC2-B93B-4B37-A904-DBAAD24C0843.jpeg

Last edited:
I suppose the notion that green vegetation - eggzample: trees, grass, etc. - all convert CO2 to Oxygen was not part of the money laundering process. Ehhh, who needs oxygen anyway. Nature has been taking care of CO2 for millions of years, but we think we can do better ?? Let me know how all this works out.

carbon dioxide is plant food.......the more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere the better for everyone, plus carbon dioxide cools the earth. What a hoax we have with carbon capture.....like they say you can fix stupid!

Back