Lemans

About to kick it on, should be ending here in a bit. Amazing to me that the cars can run like that on what I presume is the same oil over the race? Like a 20W60?

Didn't manage to watch this year's Le Mans after having seen some of the 84 hours of the Tour de France. Although not a cyclist I almost felt ashame to even think about it. They can try again next year with these new hypercars.

About to kick it on, should be ending here in a bit. Amazing to me that the cars can run like that on what I presume is the same oil over the race? Like a 20W60?

No oil change, but I'm pretty certain most of them have to add during the race, so they would get a bump from that. I know at least a couple of years ago most of them run a quick connect fitting for filling oil during pit stops.

Not the same as the full 24, but the 10 hour Petit at Road Atlanta used to be a blast to go-to for the weekend. Still some of my favorite motorsports watching that I've ever done, back when most of the teams that ran in France also showed up on this side of the pond. The Audi/Peugeot battles were great along with the Porsche's running in LMP2.

The race record wa

The race record for distance is 397 laps, totaling ~3354 miles. What oil can't go that long?

Highest average lap speed is 140 mph. Easy highway miles.

:)

Balance of power racing just silly. When they regulate the size of fuel fill nozzles for specific vehicles.....

I've said "whatever" and moved on. It's high end IROC and nothing more in my opinion. In the USA and Mexico off-road racing is still legitimate competition as near as I can tell.

They tested PAG or OSP ten years ago and this year started featuring UOA www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1y3_8CMh0#t=15s

Ah, and the hypercars are on their way...

Balance of power as such had worked extremely well some time ago, quite different cars like the Lister and Panoz and Oreca Viper could be integrated that way and even win some. With hydrogen racers or else to join and formats like the Glickenhaus relevant right now there's not much of an alternative.

Last edited:
Back