Leave it to UVa... .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
So the Cavaliers take Syracuse off the hook as the previous biggest tournament embarrassment, a #15 seed losing to #2 seed Richmond. UVA men's sports sure ain't what they used to be.
7 or 8 number 2 seeds have lost to number 15 seeds over the years.

2012-Duke(#2) to Lehigh(#15)-still a game I like to remember and smile about
smile.gif

True.

However... Remember this.. Syracuse was the defending National Champion. That makes a very big difference in that upset.

Another side note.. Richmond went in to win the 2nd round game and advance to the Sweet 16. That Richmond team was actually a very good team with Coach Durrant coaching them. Who... By the way led Richmond to future upsets as a #14 seed over a #3 seed. Two times in fact I believe. Off that 88' Richmond team a player by the last name Blair was drafted into the NBA second round. That team was really rather good.

Yeah Duke losing to a #15 seed was big.

However... I will take George Mason beating UConn in the Elite 8 as a bigger upset. UConn looked to be the team to beat that year far and away leading into that game. UConn was the #1 overall seed and had a number of NBA players in that team.

Last edited:
Texas A&M destroyed UNC by 20. UMBC getting ready to play KState. Winner plays Kentucky Thursday night in Atlanta. We’ll see if UMDC is the real deal .

UMDC was fun to watch but couldn’t get past KState. They made history by beating UVa, but ran out of gas. Wildcats vs Wildcats Thursday in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back