Latest Battery Test (OEM 14 FXT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gathermewool

Site Donor 2023
14 Forester XT: ~78k miles on OEM battery (charged fully yesterday)

-----Results (load test Ironton 125A load): Weak indicated for multiple seconds, while under load (see video link)
-----Results (Foxwell): Replace (see pics below)
-----Starting Operation: no issues - battery cranks and starts the engine fine

125A Load Test Video

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'll post the Legacy results in a bit.

15 Legacy: ~ 55k miles on battery (purchased vehicle @ ~36k miles a couple of years ago - not sure if original battery) (charged fully yesterday)

-----Results (load test Ironton 125A load): Weak indicated for just a second, while under load (see video link)
-----Results (Foxwell): Good (see pics below)
-----Starting Operation: no issues - battery cranks and starts the engine fine

125A Load Test Video

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I keep a jump pack in the vehicle and charge the battery every 1-3 weeks. I'll replace the battery after its first slow or no-start.

How long were they off the charger for before testing? 12.8 starting is very good IMO, Id retest in the fall and see, but if you have a booster pack then no worries at all, run it down!

I removed the surface charge by turning the lights on for 30s. The Foxwell won't even test the battery if it senses a surface charge.

390 CCA.... Wow that is low like my lady's Camry... Though I put a 650 CCA AGM battery from AZ in her car. I got a 550 CCA battery from Federated Auto parts for $89 two yr free replacement warranty on it.. That battery is the 524fmf East Penn battery I have...

How much was the Foxwell tester ??

Always makes me glad to see you on here. I hope that you gave been doing good.

Foxwell tester was $45.

I'll be curious to see if the results of this tester aligns with battery university's 40% capacity cutoff for replacement in the future.

Good to see you posting to, brother!

Yeah I agree... Will be interesting to see if that lines up with Battery University information... That BU site has a lot of educational material on there.

That price for the Foxwell tester is pretty doggone decent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back