Kitchen Aid blender questions

We have a decent larger (powerful enough) Kitchen Aid blender. These now retail for $250-$299. Pretty sure we paid less than $200 at the time.

Anyway I have some questions about the pitcher part, you know with blade and cap - similar to these:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My questions:

1) Anyone have a source for the pitcher itself? I would like several.

2) Are these serviceable? Looks like a specialized socket maybe could remove the blade/bushing/seals.

3) Ours has a very slight gooze leak. When I use it hard, food ooze comes down the blade shaft. Normal wear or just normal? I can clean it but a royal pain. Ideas?

Any and all input welcome.

Youtube video on opening them. Clean out the oud grease and add new food grease. Mine was >50 years old.

The oooze down your shaft might be grease. I forget if there was a seal on mine.

We have a decent larger (powerful enough) Kitchen Aid blender. These now retail for $250-$299. Pretty sure we paid less than $200 at the time.

Anyway I have some questions about the pitcher part, you know with blade and cap - similar to these:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My questions:

1) Anyone have a source for the pitcher itself? I would like several.

2) Are these serviceable? Looks like a specialized socket maybe could remove the blade/bushing/seals.

3) Ours has a very slight gooze leak. When I use it hard, food ooze comes down the blade shaft. Normal wear or just normal? I can clean it but a royal pain. Ideas?

Any and all input welcome.
I had Kitchen Aid blender once. Didn't last too long. The rubber drive between the base and top wore out and it turned out they had redesigned it. I couldn't find parts. Really pissed me off so I went back to the old Oster Behive blender that I have had for 20 years. Having said that, it lacks power for bigger jobs and I recently shelled out a fortune for a Vitamix. One year in, it's doing well. But for most jobs just a plain old Oster behive 2 speed works well and it's very dependable. I'll never buy a Kitchen Aid again

Back