Kirkland Signature Synthetic Oil

this is at the Tukwila Wa store. only had 5/30

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by jimbrewer
I dunno....., name brand synthetic

should go for $23 bucks in my experience.

It was $24 for a 2-pack of 5qt jugs. $12/jug.

Originally Posted by paoester
Costco just manages to equal Walmart's price on dexos1 oil. (supertech dexos1)
But you don't have to buy 2, and no membership fees.
Bentonville AR wins again.

Yep.

None at the Great Oaks Costco, south west San Ho, CA.
And no sales price on the Mobil1 6 packs.
I quit.

But I did gas up the GS. $3.56 a gal... Cheap! Super fast!
Not like that stupid Tesla Model 3...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
None at the Great Oaks Costco, south west San Ho, CA.
And no sales price on the Mobil1 6 packs.
I quit.

But I did gas up the GS. $3.56 a gal... Cheap! Super fast!
Not like that stupid Tesla Model 3...

Until you learn, other states are paying under $2 per gallon
frown.gif

Originally Posted by metroplex
Just picked up a case of 5W30 for 23.99
93 octane was 2.78 gal

Anyone do a VOA on it yet?

Just go find a supertech 5w30 full syn VOA. It should look very similar.

Originally Posted by ad244
If I needed 10 quarts of oil for one oil change, this would be a done deal

Why can't you just save the extra oil for later?
21.gif

Originally Posted by Patman
Originally Posted by ad244
If I needed 10 quarts of oil for one oil change, this would be a done deal

Why can't you just save the extra oil for later?
21.gif

^^^
11.gif
^^^

Have said before - wish they all just did gallons. I have two 8 quart, one 6 quart, and two 4.something quart engines.

I just bought myself two boxes for Christmas ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸ðŸŽ„
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Silverado12
Originally Posted by LotI

The member base at Costco is near the top of the evolutionary ladder. Worth the membership fee!

If I needed oil, I would consider it.

Isn't that the truth. In addition, Costco pays their employees fair wages while Wal-Mart does not. One family of fat cats haul in all the money.

Fair wages according to whom? They start in my neck of the woods at $14 an hour, which is higher than others in the area and last I checked, nobody was forced to work there. It's a free market economy, so if the wages weren't fair, nobody would work there.

With the rebate, I picked up Shell Rotella Gas Truck for 10 bucks per 5 quart jug at Autozone. That's a much better deal for what I believe is better oil than this, although this is still pretty good.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by Silverado12
Originally Posted by LotI

The member base at Costco is near the top of the evolutionary ladder. Worth the membership fee!

If I needed oil, I would consider it.

Isn't that the truth. In addition, Costco pays their employees fair wages while Wal-Mart does not. One family of fat cats haul in all the money.

Fair wages according to whom? They start in my neck of the woods at $14 an hour, which is higher than others in the area and last I checked, nobody was forced to work there. It's a free market economy, so if the wages weren't fair, nobody would work there.

With the rebate, I picked up Shell Rotella Gas Truck for 10 bucks per 5 quart jug at Autozone. That's a much better deal for what I believe is better oil than this, although this is still pretty good.

What's a "fair wage" for dragging an item over a scanner?

The grocery stores put up with this over paid non-sense for years-until they finally agreed to a Union Contract that allowed them to bring in newer employees at lower wages.

Last edited:
I read a lot about Warren Distributing but I never see any UOAs posted. I always read about it in general terms of "its a good oil" but dont see anything posted to back that assertion up.

Not too many people want to risk their car for an off name brand so at the end of the day they go to Walmart and grab some Mobil 1.

Originally Posted by Navi
I read a lot about Warren Distributing but I never see any UOAs posted. I always read about it in general terms of "its a good oil" but dont see anything posted to back that assertion up.

Not too many people want to risk their car for an off name brand so at the end of the day they go to Walmart and grab some Mobil 1.

If you search 'warren' in the UOA and/or VOA subforums you'll come up with pages of them.

Originally Posted by CKN

The grocery stores put up with this over paid non-sense for years-until they finally agreed to a Union Contract that allowed them to bring in newer employees at lower wages.

It's enough that I don't have to subsidize them with food stamps even if they're working full time...

Clearly, Costo's plan of paying working a living wage is working for them. In a world where brick and mortar is dead, they're thriving--despite paying a lot for people to run a scanner...

Originally Posted by JOD
Originally Posted by CKN

It's enough that I don't have to subsidize them with food stamps even if they're working full time...

Clearly, Costo's plan of paying working a living wage is working for them. In a world where brick and mortar is dead, they're thriving--despite paying a lot for people to run a scanner...

The only thing that keeps CostCo in business is membership fees. Otherwise they would be out of business.

How Costco Actually Makes Money
The everything-in-bulk store offers customers great deals. That's great for customer satisfaction, but it means the real money needs to come from somewhere else.
Motley Fool Staff
Motley Fool Staff
Updated: Apr 14, 2019 at 4:02PM
Published: Feb 13, 2019 at 10:49AM
Everyone has a favorite Costco (NASDAQ:COST) item. Some love the four-pound bags of Kirkland trail mix; others can't make a trip to the warehouse retailer without getting a $1.50 hot dog and soda combo in the food court.

No matter the product, it seems Costco manages to give its customers exceptional value on pretty much every item in the store. That's great for customers, but investors might wonder: "OK, but how does this company actually make money, then?"

Check out the latest earnings call transcript for Costco.

We're here to answer that question with a video from our YouTube channel! (A full transcript follows the video.)

Editor's note: The paid members count in the video is in thousands.

Narrator: You might think that Costco is your average retailer... but it's not.

The "everything in bulk" store sells cleaning supplies, jeans, pet food, and anything in-between, but Costco doesn't actually make much money on the merchandise it sells.

In this video, we're going to break down exactly where the cash really comes from for Costco.

According to the company's 2018 results, it sold $138 billion in merchandise -- that's a lot of Kirkland brand trail mix and discount prescription glasses.

The products they sold cost the company $123 billion, leaving $15 billion for the business.

BUT WAIT! We also have to account for all the company's retail employees, pallet trucks, and store overhead expenses that enable Costco to sell those goods and give away those sweet, sweet free samples.

All those costs combined totaled nearly $14B.

So we've got:

Sales of $138 billion.
Cost of goods sold of $123 billion.
And selling, general, and administrative costs of $14 billion.
That leaves us with just $1 billion dollars... but the company reported over $3 billion in net income for the year. So where's the extra money coming from?

Costco's real source of income: its memberships.

In order to shop at Costco, you need to be a member, and annual membership costs either $60 or $120, depending on the benefits an individual or business chooses.

Those membership fees add up over time: In the company's 2018 results, they said they collected $3.1 billion in membership fees.

So-yes-you are paying for that person to scan your items. So you can pay food stamps or membership fees. The purchasing of items in a warehouse DOES NOT pay for the cashier dragging items across a scanner. It's right from the company's earning statement.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/02/13/how-costco-actually-makes-money.aspx

Last edited:
Back