kh-12-050-01-s cheaper version?

You're right. Purolator L10241

Other alternatives are Wix 51348, Motorcraft FL-910S, Fram 3614, etc. Easy filter to find.

You're right. Purolator L10241

Other alternatives are Wix 51348, Motorcraft FL-910S, Fram 3614, etc. Easy filter to find.

How did you figure it out? When i use that part # on there site it says Sorry, no Purolator parts fit your search.

How did you figure it out? When i use that part # on there site it says Sorry, no Purolator parts fit your search.
Actually I was just going off the top of my head because those are the filters I always use on any Kohler. I've run a lot of Kohler machines and I've always used FL910S filters so just crossed that over. FL910S (and all of those other filters in my first reply) is a little longer than the black Kohler filters. Maybe 1/2"-3/4" if that matters.

Now that I think about it Purolator L35310 is actually a closer alternative if you don't have room for the extra length.

oilfilterdata.com and https://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/ both come in handy

interesting, i was using the L10241 on a cub cadet. Trouble with the Purolator L35310 is it is the same price as the Kohler filter.

Briggs, Kohler, and Kawasaki all use, or can use, the same size filter.
As stated, Fram 3614 is popular. The small Briggs/Kohler size is the filter
used on the Ford 1.5L four cylinder engine.
You could go all the way up the 8A if there's room, though I don't see the need.

My 2¢

The L10241 is just a bit to long. The steering rod hits when doing a sharp turn.

Go to the wix website and type your number into their lookup and it'll spit out what you need. Then, if you're not a wix guy, take that and cross it into a different filter site

Back