Keto Diet with Intermittent Fasting

I will be starting an extended fast on Monday. I'm just building up my electrolytes and vitamins/minerals and tapering down the meals in the meantime.
I feel best when I'm fasting and I've seen a lot of others have great success with extended fasts after intermittent fasting and Keto so it's the next logical step I want to try in my efforts to achieve goal weight.

I'm not having issues loosing weight with my intermittent fasting regiment but if I can get it off faster with no ill effects then why not.

I will be supplementing electrolytes with home brew added to my daily water, during this extended fast and will follow the advise of this doctor which can be found here:
https://idmprogram.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/ (Doctor Fung) in case anyone is interested.

Ideally I would like to get to a month but if I feel fine at that point I will push it further as others have done and keep going until I have reached my goal or I feel unwell at which point every fast should end,
I will be of course monitoring everything with my blood work at my doctors to be safe.

The record is 387 days following this same protocol and he was fine when he ended it.

I'll check back when I'm skinny.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by JamesBond
Sounds like the Snake Diet.

My 155lbs lost and reversal of type-2 diabetes without medication says otherwise, but it's a free country yours and mine so you are welcome to believe what you want.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by JamesBond
Sounds like the Snake Diet.

My 155lbs lost and reversal of type-2 diabetes without medication says otherwise, but it's a free country yours and mine so you are welcome to believe what you want.

cheers3.gif

I don't mean that it's a "snake oil" type diet, I meant that it sounds like the fasting and electrolytes that are a part of the "snake diet". Google it. I'm all for it.

This is a long video but it's worth it. At 59 minutes he talks about a patient of his that was diabetic for 20 years and on 100 units of insulin and within 2 months was off his insulin completely.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
I'm down 181lbs as of this morning and

ONN: I ordered my new treadmill because my old Nordictrack that was used when I bought it gave up the ghost over the weekend. (Control Board went)
It's 20 years old it looks like by the date on it.

I was going to splurge and get the Sole F-85 but the F-80 was a better deal and I didn't need the extra features that the F-85 came with over the F-80.

Sole F-80
[Linked Image]

Great job Steve.

your 181 would put me around my goal weight.
smile.gif

I am down around 75 lbs right now (not sure, I only weigh on the 1st of the month, was 308 lbs on April 1, figure I am around 300 now).
My goal is 215, maybe 200.
According to charts and stuff, I am supposed to be 185, but I do have more muscle mass that keeps me from thinking that is my ideal weight.
I hope to be there in about a year. If I actually exercised, I am sure I could do it in much less time.

Good job guys, I am down 35 lbs,
My aim was not weight loss but cardio fitness, I want to be able to run 5k races or mini marathons.

The intermittent fasting and low calorie diet coupled with low carb diet is the key.
I do not feel hungry any more. First few days were painful.

Originally Posted by stockrex
My aim was not weight loss but cardio fitness, I want to be able to run 5k races or mini marathons.

The intermittent fasting and low calorie diet coupled with low carb diet is the key.

You've also retrained your body's insulin response which helps ward off type 2 diabetes. Nice.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Originally Posted by stockrex

You've also retrained your body's insulin response which helps ward off type 2 diabetes. Nice.

+1
thumbsup2.gif
Good job.

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Some compelling before & after photos:

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/dad-shreds-92-pounds-kids

I'm headed there myself... I still have a stomach on me, but it has shrunk considerably with the 180lbs I've lost so far. I can now sit in booth seats at restaurants where I was too big before for most of them.

I have a before picture taken and will take an after once I'm done...

Last edited:
StevieC: thanks for your updates. I have been on this one week 8 days so far. Having no issues so far. Never knew how easy it was to not indulge in surmgar and carb laden foods. What I feel helps me is spinach and kale salad daily and protein rich foods like Turkey and smoked/marinades chicken
smile.gif

I am down already 7lbs~ and feel really good.

Last edited:
StevieC, congrats on the huge weight loss. That's an awesome accomplishment. A lot of people have had success with that diet, but everybody seems to be different.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and tried the keto diet. It didn't seem to work well for me at all. I was eating around 70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% (or less) carbs keeping it under 2000 calories a day. The strips showed I was in ketosis. The downsides were that it actually made my blood glucose increase. When I was diagnosed, my BG was 108 and A1C was 7.2. I tried the standard American diet for a while with just lower calories and ditched the sugary drinks. (I used to drink 5-6 can cokes a day) I started feeling better, and my BG dropped to a consistent fasting level of 90-95. I wanted to see what the keto diet was all about so I finished up my meal plan and then switched to all keto meals. My sister does keto so I already had an example of what to eat. I tried it for 3 weeks and during that time, my fasting BG rose to 110-115 range. I felt lethargic and bloated. My weight loss slowed down even though I'd reduced the total calorie intake to around 1800.

Right at the 3 week mark, I had an ultrasound done on my liver and gall bladder which revealed that my liver was echogenic and had polyps in the gall bladder. (not related to the keto diet as it was certainly that way long before) My doctor advised me to ditch the keto diet immediately as it would exacerbate that issue and could possibly explain why it made me feel so bad. I couldn't eat high carb, couldn't eat high fat, so I had no choice but to go with high protein. Now my diet is about 60% protein, 20% fat, and 20% carbs. I eat a lot of chicken, turkey, and fish. I get my carbs from veggies and the occasional whole wheat (high fiber) breads and wraps. The majority of my fat intake comes from dairy. I've never felt better than I do now, and the weight loss has taken off again. I can exercise more vigorously and recover quicker/easier. My BG is back to hanging around 90 again. My blood pressure is down, my cholesterol is down, and I overall just feel better.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
StevieC, congrats on the huge weight loss. That's an awesome accomplishment. A lot of people have had success with that diet, but everybody seems to be different.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and tried the keto diet. It didn't seem to work well for me at all. I was eating around 70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% (or less) carbs keeping it under 2000 calories a day. The strips showed I was in ketosis. The downsides were that it actually made my blood glucose increase. When I was diagnosed, my BG was 108 and A1C was 7.2. I tried the standard American diet for a while with just lower calories and ditched the sugary drinks. (I used to drink 5-6 can cokes a day) I started feeling better, and my BG dropped to a consistent fasting level of 90-95. I wanted to see what the keto diet was all about so I finished up my meal plan and then switched to all keto meals. My sister does keto so I already had an example of what to eat. I tried it for 3 weeks and during that time, my fasting BG rose to 110-115 range. I felt lethargic and bloated. My weight loss slowed down even though I'd reduced the total calorie intake to around 1800.

Right at the 3 week mark, I had an ultrasound done on my liver and gall bladder which revealed that my liver was echogenic and had polyps in the gall bladder. (not related to the keto diet as it was certainly that way long before) My doctor advised me to ditch the keto diet immediately as it would exacerbate that issue and could possibly explain why it made me feel so bad. I couldn't eat high carb, couldn't eat high fat, so I had no choice but to go with high protein. Now my diet is about 60% protein, 20% fat, and 20% carbs. I eat a lot of chicken, turkey, and fish. I get my carbs from veggies and the occasional whole wheat (high fiber) breads and wraps. The majority of my fat intake comes from dairy. I've never felt better than I do now, and the weight loss has taken off again. I can exercise more vigorously and recover quicker/easier. My BG is back to hanging around 90 again. My blood pressure is down, my cholesterol is down, and I overall just feel better.

Congratulations sir. I also eat a LOT of fish, Turkey and chicken

Type 2 diabetics and those looking to loose weight need to watch this. It's short but it really sums it up...

Back