Kendall GT1 Synblend

How much do you save on a blend? Full synthetic on sale is only $2 or $3 more per oil change.
I agree.. but with a 3 to 4K OCI the blend should be more than adequate....why waste the $2 or $3 unless you're going to get some value out of it (such as a 6 or 7K OCI).

Huh? The engine produces the same amount of contaminants regardless of oil. I don't think the owners manual differentiates OCI by conventional or synthetic.
Very true. OEM's state a time and/or mileage requirement for oil changes (for warranty). If you have the stones and like to experiment with longer OCI's then synthetic oil makes sense. Oil manufacturers are trying to out due each other with their marketing claims of longer oil changes with synthetics versus non synthetics.
Also, with the newer vehicles going with longer oil changes (10k plus miles) you can bet I would be doing that with a synthetic oil.

Check the specs required for your 2022 Ranger and compare to this: https://shop.sclubricants.com/kendall-gt-1-hp-synthetic-blend-0w-20

1663270541359.jpg

It really shouldn’t matter what anyone else thinks, if that’s what you want to use then use it. Who cares what anyone else thinks
Well, to be fair, other people might be more knowledgeable than him and know more or better products. So the mentality of “why ask people?” Is a little disingenuous.

Well, to be fair, other people might be more knowledgeable than him and know more or better products. So the mentality of “why ask people?” Is a little disingenuous.
I can understand that, but he is also using a name brand oil for 3-4K mile intervals. I could see if he were trying to go 15K mile intervals. Then a question “anyone see a problem with this” is more valid

Back