Keeping up your guard buying OEM parts at a new car dealership

I can find out the dealers cost for parts on the internet???
As an example, the listed cost of $1530 for the reman trans is likely to be accurate if real MSRP is $2045.

There isn’t much profit in powertrain components.

I have no problem with dealers charging whatever price they want to for either a vehicle or a part. That said, I will buy from the dealer that offers me the best combination of price AND service- and in the case of parts it more often than not means buying online. That has especially been the case when picking out accessories for my 2021 Sahara.

I have no problem with dealers charging whatever price they want to for either a vehicle or a part. That said, I will buy from the dealer that offers me the best combination of price AND service- and in the case of parts it more often than not means buying online. That has especially been the case when picking out accessories for my 2021 Sahara.
A great answer and common sense. This is what you do instead of getting in to a spitting contest -unlike the previous 4 pages of this thread.

It’s just a “HOT Take “ thread. GON is saving bobs everywhere because he’s letting you know that some dealers charge more than others.

It’s been that way like since the dawn of sales. No news flash. No need to try to throw mud at places able to make more money from their customer base than others.

Same guys saying there VFW is only charging a buck a beer that **** concert venue wanted 12.

I remember when all dealers charged the same price for their parts, except Annapolis Ford who consistently charged 10% more than everyone else. Presumably whomever owns them does the same at every other dealer that they own.

I worked at a couple Allis Chalmers dealerships in the 70's and 80's. They both charged 10% over list price on parts.

Last edited:
I'm done with Lexus ever since i found that they sell the lower control arms for SC400 for $700 each, but are the same item and part # that Toyota sells for the Supra for $250..........

Back