K24Z2 vs K24Z6

There is an 08 CRV near me kinda cheap. Says oil light is on and motor doesn't sound right. So probably could use a motor. Engine is a K24Z6 K24.

Might be worth throwing a motor in if the price is right (cheap enough).

Anyone know if a K24Z2 08-12 Accord would work? CR is the same at 10.5 on both. About a $1k difference between engines.

Now I read elsewhere it might be a K24A. Hmmm... more research I need to do.

And after you swap the motor your find the transmission is junk? Or the a/c or differentials? Playing that game on 15 year old plain vehicles rarely pays off unless you buy it at scrap value and get the parts cheap. How much more is a good running example?

And after you swap the motor your find the transmission is junk? Or the a/c or differentials? Playing that game on 15 year old plain vehicles rarely pays off unless you buy it at scrap value and get the parts cheap. How much more is a good running example?
A fine in excellent shape crv is probably a 8k vehicle if not more.

If the motors already on its way out and seller doesn't care, I am sure you can assess the other drivetrain components.

Again I already said if cheap enough. It isn't like I'm looking to buy this for 6k and thinking throwing a motor in it makes it a killer deal.

Back