Just another Kreen believer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Propflux, the intake would have to be hot and the kreen introduced as a vapor for even a chance of even distribution. Dry intakes are not designed for the pooling and uneven distribution of a liquid.

That's the issue i worry about, even when i use the CRC cleaner, is intake pooling. It could pool in the intake, you go out for a drive, and when you really step on it, there is enough flow to pull a lot of the liquid into the closest cylinder to the pooled cleaner, and bam! Busted piston or connecting rod from hydrolock.

I have used the CRC intake valve cleaner in the mazda. But i only used 1/2 a can, not the whole thing, for fear of pooling. After it sat an hour i went for a 10-15 mile drive, but i did not let it rev over 3k.

I was used the GDi cleaning spray every other oil change at roughly 10% so I could get 10x usage. Looked good at 200k on the Hyundai. I think the prevention maintenance is the best action to take.

Originally Posted by Marco620

I was used the GDi cleaning spray every other oil change at roughly 10% so I could get 10x usage. Looked good at 200k on the Hyundai. I think the prevention maintenance is the best action to take.

I think i am going to use it( the crc product) before every oil change. Not the whole can, but 1/3 or 1/2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back