John Deere vintage items- where to learn more?

I’ve searched online but can find absolutely nothing about a couple of items my wife obtained from a closed JD dealership. The items were partial payment for a cleaning job she did.

The easy part…we have a few yellow-bodied hedge trimmer type tools. I can find close matches online but nothing exact. All I’d be interested in is where to locate manuals for them online if anyone knows. My guess is they are 1970s-1980s vintage. I’d love to see if I could get them working!

The seemingly-impossible…

A retail shopping cart (modern, steel frame and mostly plastic) and a hand cart that is both wheeled (when upright) and tracked (when laid down). I’ve never heard of a tracked cargo type cart before. There are no photos of either online and I’ve searched quite a bit.

Never know about that Deere stuff, to the right person. Can't imagine old lawn tools would bring much $, but who knows.

Years ago, working at a Deere Dealership, I attended the parts expo they had every year for dealers. They used to give out "dealer only" toys and stuff all the way up to shares in Deere.

I had a custom handgun and needed a holster. Nobody had them in stock. Ended up talking with a custom leather man in ND. He was a toy collector also. Had to go thru a FFL and ship him the gun to have a holster made. Ended up emailing and he asked me what I had to do with Deere, so I told him. Asked if I ever went to parts expo and I said yes, every year. He was interested in the toys and goodies for his collection.

He sent me the holster at no charge in return. We continued that relationship for years. He made custom belts and stuff too. Sent me a sample of alligator, snake skin and others to pick from. Made custom belts for me and the kids that year. We all picked out the skins we wanted. Made a really unique Christmas gift. We also talked guns. He would ask about my other favorite guns. Less than a month later, an unexpected holster would arrive! Also made me a leather alligator wallet.

Never a penny was ever exchanged between us. Great guy and retired LEO. I sent toys, he sent leather. LOL

Go to ‘ mytractorforum.com ‘ and scroll down to the John Deere forum. Very knowledgeable people where you’ll more than likely get all your answers.

There are some collectors out there for the power equipment. A lot of it was Echo equipment painted yellow for John Deere.

Go to ‘ mytractorforum.com ‘ and scroll down to the John Deere forum. Very knowledgeable people where you’ll more than likely get all your answers.
^^^^^ this! Very helpful people on that forum. I’ve had a couple issues they’ve chimed in on with my 2002 JD LT150.

Just my $0.02

Back