john deere la115 , what oil to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a La115 John Deere tractor with a B&S engine. I have been using pp 10w30 for the past few years. This year I decided to used Rotella T 10W30 because of possible improved wear protection. My question is this. John Deere recommends 10w-30 or 10w-40 for summer time temps, could I use Rotella T6 5w-40 for outside temps from 32F to 100F? If not, what would you recommend.

I've had good results with the Rotella T 10w-30 in my JD tractors (425 AWS, 185), running it year around.

Why not just stay with it?

I'd use Rotella or any quality 15w40 for summer mowing. It will offer all the protection you need and is relatively inexpensive and easy to source.

Joel

I use Mobil 1 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck in my JD tractor. South Florida is hot and I was having an idle low oil pressure light with conventional oils.

9 years of torture can't be wrong!

We use Amsoil 4 Stroke 10w30 30wt oil. It's excellent and allows us long OCI's

ase_qt_350pxh.jpg

Originally Posted By: StevieC
We use Amsoil 4 Stroke 10w30 30wt oil. It's excellent and allows us long OCI's

ase_qt_350pxh.jpg

I have been running this for about 4 years in all my small engines. Works great!

Brianw - just put in the T6 and forget about it. It will work fine in any temp. you're likely to have the tractor out in.

No worries with T6.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I think I might try the T6. Easy to get and a synthetic HDEO oil.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I use Syntec 0w30 in my LA110.

Same here ! GC

+2..just put in GC...been buying it up for $3 qt. Also running it in my 02 Trailblazer.

Rotella T5 10w-30 performed just fine for me in a Kubota diesel tractor in temps ranging from -10F to 92F. It sees year round use. I will be trying a full synthetic 5w-40 just before winter.

I use the Deere TurfGard 10w-30 in mine, although I have the Kawasaki in my X-530 its speced for 100hrs. service, which I do without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back