Joe Gibbs XP3 (10-30) race oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little troubled by this one... Right click - view image for larger view

JoeGibbsXP3_zpsfe4ba6c7.jpg

Last edited:
Bumped this VOA simply because I found it interesting.
The Phos' level of 736 ppm is lower than what one would expect for a strictly race oil although the moly and Boron levels are high.

Just speculating but would the low detergent levels (Ca 427 ppm) be one explanation, lower need for a high Phos' level? Less competition between detergents and ZDDP?

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Bumped this VOA simply because I found it interesting.
The Phos' level of 736 ppm is lower than what one would expect for a strictly race oil although the moly and Boron levels are high.

Just speculating but would the low detergent levels (Ca 427 ppm) be one explanation, lower need for a high Phos' level? Less competition between detergents and ZDDP?

I was thinking the same thing, but then again, in a PURE racing oil, that may actually be a HIGH calcium number (and a high magnesium number as well)?
21.gif

934 Zn and 736 P seems to be out of whack for most oil analyses. I think that Zn is most commonly 10% higher than P. This oil is more like Zn = 1.25P.

And I can't recall ever seeing 900 ppm Mo and 300 ppm B.

The ZDDP in this oil is designed to be fully depleted within 750 miles. not all ZDDP is created alike. Comparing this oil to a high performance "street" oil is like comparing apples to oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back