Jackpoint Jackstand Review

Wanted to share my thoughts on the Jackpoint Jackstands. I first saw these a few years ago and while I thought they were neat, didn't have need enough to justify the cost. That was until I bought the Alfa which basically requires this type of setup.

Living about an hour north of the distribution center, I drove down and met John (the founder) to pick up my set. John is a very nice gentleman and we had a nice conversation of how the company got started and the impressive collection of vehicles he had on site. He's a true car guy. I wish I had thought to take pictures of the facility but it completely escaped my mind. The array of Corvette's, Porsche's and Ferrari's had me slightly distracted.

Today I used the stands for the first time. Definitely a time saver and well worth the money. Truly as simple as lifting the car, aligning the stand and dropping the vehicle. 1, 2, 3 - that easy. Is the price a bit steep? Yes. But, this is a rather niche product and definitely manufactured to last.

067B9F95-DE29-4065-807E-6B03D240B553.jpeg

0A242E89-D5B2-42F1-91F8-D5601EBB6B8E.jpeg

BEE0ADA8-FE61-4747-AE53-5B096F7CD7CC.jpeg

3650F0F1-9587-47E1-AB2C-3A2918CA7787.jpeg

BFD320DD-EE7A-43E9-B179-7186A3970D03.jpeg

F1E88A45-7681-40F8-8DEA-0BB71DCA46A3.jpeg

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Wow, those are awesome!
crazy2.gif

They really are! The word investment gets tossed around too frequently for my liking, but I would genuinely say these are a good investment for any auto enthusiast.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Wow, those are awesome!
crazy2.gif

They really are! The word investment gets tossed around too frequently for my liking, but I would genuinely say these are a good investment for any auto enthusiast.

Agreed, they would have been perfect for my M5 or Charger, both of which had the same jackpoints as your car.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I like how they look. I'm guessing they are only for cars, too short for trucks?

Cars and unibody SUV/Crossovers seem to be the target audience. Depending on the trucks ride height and weight I can't see why this couldn't be used.

Last edited:
I love mine. Rotating tires is much easier with these things.

My car has a pinch weld so I use the slotted caps.

Last edited:
That's very clever. Are they cast aluminum?

As I recall, they had to select a special alloy. I don't recall that they’re aluminum, but it’s something that is fairly strong and light.

I have had a set for Many years now. They’re very useful in some situation, but they’re large and heavy in others. One thing that has always bothered me is the large contact area. Either resting on two or when jacking up on all four, there’s a chance of pivoting on an edge which can be bad for the underside of a car. Hockey pucks help a lot.

Ive been happy with mine.

Back