Jack Daniels?

like Jack neat, love the juicy fruit nose..but lately Buffalo my go to is gone here so Beam Black on the rocks in about an hour.

I've never heard of George Dickel but there are a ton that I haven't heard of. I like to read Bourbon & Whiskey Magazine(s) and others just to keep up with them. I enjoy Craft beer magazines too.
George Dickel is AWFUL stuff. The bottle I bought smelled and tasted like the oily pseudo-butter on bad movie theater popcorn. It's the only bottle I ever struggled to finish.

Jack Daniels has a "Tennessee Honey" and "Tennessee Apple" variety that is pretty good. We visited their Lynchburg, TN distillery last fall. Interesting tour if you happen to be around those parts of Tennessee.

Don't buy corn whisky of any sort unless there's a glass of beer for a chaser. But if you're pouring.... That was before. Now the only booze I have on hand is 2 flavors of rum and a little wine. Its not so much that I've quit drinking, I have just cut way back. :cool:

Don't buy corn whisky of any sort unless there's a glass of beer for a chaser. But if you're pouring.... That was before. Now the only booze I have on hand is 2 flavors of rum and a little wine. Its not so much that I've quit drinking, I have just cut way back. :cool:

OOOOOOKAY🤔🤔🤔🤔

How about an Old Fashioned ?
Put a sugar cube in a whiskey tumbler, saturate cube with bitters, muddle together then add 1-2 oz of JD whiskey. Serve mixed over rocks / ice with an orange twist at the end. You can substitute simple syrup for the sugar cube, less period correct but smoother in the mouth. On a cold night, a small dash of water instead of the ice, to bring all the flavours together. Twist the orange peel over the drink before you add it, to release a orange oils into the drink for a citrus hint in the flavour.

Add orange Curaço / Triple sec and a dash of absinthe / Ouzo to the above and I believe you have an Improved Whiskey Cocktail.

Best served when dressed like Don Draper from Mad Men.

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of Jack but it's marketing over the decades has been tops and so the name recognition. David Lee Roth swilled it at The US Festival and stated to the crowd that "this is real Jack Daniels, the only people who put ice-t in their whiskey bottles is The Clash,, baby!!"
download.jpg

I do a shot occasionally, Jack Fire is so much better than that Fireball antifreeze...

Not a huge fan of Jack but it's marketing over the decades has been tops and so the name recognition. David Lee Roth swilled it at The US Festival and stated to the crowd that "this is real Jack Daniels, the only people who put ice-t in their whiskey bottles is The Clash,, baby!!"
View attachment 26619

I do a shot occasionally, Jack Fire is so much better than that Fireball antifreeze...

I’ll have a Jack and Coca Cola now and then. I do enjoy the Jack Daniels fire also

Yup, same here. I like a Jack & Coke now & again or a shot. I sip my shots, I don't down'em.

I like the "Har, Har, Har, Har, Har" that I get after each sip. IDKY, there's just something about it!
Although I agree(and have already mentioned) there are way smoother/better tasting bourbons.

I think that JD has a cool factor about it! It goes great with Harley, Zippo, Marlborough, BUD, Swisher Sweets, Ford & the game of Poker. Did I miss anything?

Jack Daniels are for college kids that want to get drunk with a nasty hangover.

Eventually they might grow up and enjoy drinking a whiskey, bourbon, or scotch and move on to better things.

That being said, the only mainstream Jack I'll drink is the Jack Honey.

I received Jack double filtered i think it was for Christmas a few years back. It was smooth. It Also mixed well with root beer.

Jack Daniels are for college kids that want to get drunk with a nasty hangover.
Oy, I came close to that last night. Had a shot of Jack on the rocks. I’ll stick to Bulleit.

but I did have two 6-7% IPAs before hand so that might have attributed towards that.

I received Jack double filtered i think it was for Christmas a few years back. It was smooth. It Also mixed well with root beer.

Hmmm, I've heard of Jack & Coke, Jack & Ginger but have not heard of Jack & Root.
I did see in a movie once(Jeff Daniels/Michael Richards a.k.a. Kramer) drinking bourbon & Dr. Pepper. :D

Not sure why all the hate for Jack. It was a favorite of an alcoholic I knew before he died. He used to keep it in the freezer. He tried to sell it to me once when he was moving and he said the freezer was great, "keeps my Jack cold."

My steak at Ruth‘s Chris was better than my burger at McD’s and they are both chains

Back