Is there such a thing as an underbody anti rust...

One of this guys videos was shared earlier in the thread, but after doing a lot of watching, he definitely seems to have the most comprehensive testing in both number of products and duration, with realistic conditions. Seems like if preventing rust is your primary concern, especially on a used car, then woolwax, fluid film, or this new blaster surface shield are your best bet. Unless you want to do some pretty intensive prep work, the hard or fully drying undercoatings don't seem like a great option for a vehicle that isn't brand new.

Interesting. I may give that a try next season.

I was requesting an existing product when i posted this, that wasn't available in the states at the time.

Fortunately, it's now imported by clean-garage.com 🥰

750ml_dynax-s50__44536.1606146147.jpg

I love BH products. Everything they make is just superb.

Dynax S50 is more for caivities. Then you have Dynax UB which is a thick black waxy coating and Dynax UC which is a thick clear waxy coating for the underside.

Being an aviation product, does it have any evidence it can stand up to salt/water spray? Still a hard pill to swollen at a cost of close to 600$ of materials only for a full size truck. It doesn’t really state how long the coating will last or need to be reapplied. The description of that sounds a lot of like RP342

ARDROX AV 8 penetrates, displaces water, and dries to a film.
That's nothing special, nearly all decent coatings do this, and more.

Additional info:
Dynax s50 is a cavity wax, treats rust as well as prevents it, but works outside cavities too, a lot of underbody applications aren't impact areas.

Dynax UB is the same stuff but forms a harder shell for high impact areas - UB = underbody.

Dynax UC is a clear version of S50 you can spray up onto the paint of your rockers etc. To stop winter road spray from eating your vehicle. It's clear so it doesn't look like crap sprayed on your paint.

Back