is it time to retire the old girl my 2005 buick century ltd

2005 Jaguar S-Type Only 101,426 Miles from New Zircon Metallic over ivory Leather seats MAGNIFICENT EXAMPLE IN AND OUT!! THIS 3.0 LITER V6 CAT IS FINISHED IN ZIRCON BLUE METALLICLEATHER WITH ONLY 101,426 K MILES!! FEATURING HEATED SEATS, SUNROOF, ALPINE PREMIUM SOUND, PARK ASSIST, RECENTLY INSTALLED TIRES, AND JUST A BEAUTY IN AND OUT!! ORIGINAL BOOKS, MATS!! METICULOUSLY SERVICED AND DEALER MAINTAINED WITH 19 DOCUMENTED SERVICES ON A FLAWLESS CARFAX REPORT!! HARD TO FIND LOW MILEAGE IMMACULATE V8!!
now read 19 documented services, flawless carfax, recent tires, don't get me wrong on texas, i should have said that we are planning a trip to san antonio to visit her girl friend.
this was cut and paste from web site sorry

if shes so broke she "needs" 500$ from car.. and you are worried about brakes and shocks..
RUN from a 15 year old JAG. RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN.

Would consider a new one but 15 year old Jag.. just no.

10 year old Avalon would be pretty good for reliabilty/price.
he might have an avalon but my gf has bad memories of a lexus she 'lost'

If your son can and will help with the maintenance and repairs of the Jag I believe you will enjoy it. If you have to keep the car up, it will probably not make you happy.

a good car very reliable, just showing slight rust spots on sills. this engine loves valvoline from VIOC. has 170,000 miles. my son has a dealership and i fallen for i really beautiful jaguar. price is great, car is immaculate and awd, brand new rubber all around mileage about 100,000. i would not trade the old girl, what would you do?
my gf has seen the jag online and even though she will no money in this car, she will be insured to drive it

Seriously, if someone offered me a Jaguar with the stipulation that I could not sell it, I would walk away. I do not need those kind of headaches.
i don't think i said i could't sell the jag, it will be mine free and clear, i think this thread is over until i can post pics

I thought the newer Jags were pretty good...Ford really helped correct all the electrical issues the older ones had.
since tata motors took over jaguar things have indeed changed, seems like every company owned a piece of jag at some time, lincoln ls is the same care as the jag, different body.

It sounds to me as if your mind is made up. Post some pictures when you get the car. Keep us updated.
it really is i fell for that jag before i have even seen her in the flesh, posting here is really good for my therapy, very good for spacial awareness in my left arm and to test my mental accurateness

1901869337.jpg

1901883677.jpg

Just so everyone can see the car in question.

a good car very reliable, just showing slight rust spots on sills. this engine loves valvoline from VIOC. has 170,000 miles. my son has a dealership and i fallen for i really beautiful jaguar. price is great, car is immaculate and awd, brand new rubber all around mileage about 100,000. i would not trade the old girl, what would you do?
You asked this question in your op....”what would you do”! The majority of replies have said to run from the Jag! They’re not telling you what you want to hear! Buy the Jag!

If you’re wealthy, then I guess go ahead and buy it. But wealthy people don’t buy 15 year old Jaguars.

And I wouldn’t brag that it “only” has 100k miles. That's really high miles for a pile of junk.

Like they say, if you can’t afford a new Jaguar, you certainly can’t afford a used one.

Partspro, You and the GF have made up your minds, so good luck with the Jag.
no we have not ,my gf called and actually spoke to son who was about to eat lunch he said, no this is not a good car, so we go on again. the issue with jag is that everybody seem to have owned a piece of them at some time the lincoln ls and the jag without 4wd were pretty identical different bodies. i don' know where the 4wd came from. i do know that the jags that i grew up with in england had lucas electrical system which would literally set on fire. they had pretty great engines and i believe jaguar will sell you a brand new casting thats machined with crank but no rods or head for about 30 grand and they will put your original casting number in the block. since tata motors took over jaguar they are now indian but appear to be designing and manufacturing pretty good cars again..... the absolute end of the jaguar story

your wrong, buick needs front pads and rotors and the front and rear struts are shot. my gf owns half this car. and after cleanup if we get say $1000
she will get 500 cash and she needs the money, and there is still an evap leak to fix
If those repairs are a big deal to you, then you're in for a world of hurt with a Jaguar. All those repairs could be less than just doing brakes on the jag. I don't think anyone is going to recommend you go with this.

If you can't afford to keep the Buick as a backup you really shouldn't be buying a Jaguar but I agree with everyone else. Your mind is made up.

so the jag is dead and a 2012 bmw 5 528i xdrive is the new heartthrobi know bmw haters will not like but iv'e owned 2 that were great, fingers croossed

So, is it a 3.0l V6 or a V8???? Seems odd to list it as both in a dealership add as below. Does your son run one of those “fly by night” luxury car places?

2005 Jaguar S-Type Only 101,426 Miles from New Zircon Metallic over ivory Leather seats MAGNIFICENT EXAMPLE IN AND OUT!! THIS 3.0 LITER V6 CAT IS FINISHED IN ZIRCON BLUE METALLICLEATHER WITH ONLY 101,426 K MILES!! FEATURING HEATED SEATS, SUNROOF, ALPINE PREMIUM SOUND, PARK ASSIST, RECENTLY INSTALLED TIRES, AND JUST A BEAUTY IN AND OUT!! ORIGINAL BOOKS, MATS!! METICULOUSLY SERVICED AND DEALER MAINTAINED WITH 19 DOCUMENTED SERVICES ON A FLAWLESS CARFAX REPORT!! HARD TO FIND LOW MILEAGE IMMACULATE V8!!
now read 19 documented services, flawless carfax, recent tires, don't get me wrong on texas, i should have said that we are planning a trip to san antonio to visit her girl friend.

Honestly the Buick is a much better car even with twice the miles. The Jag was a Lincoln LS which was it's own nightmare, the Jag just takes that to another level. If you think 4 struts and some brake pads is bad, look up a quart of tranny fluid for that Jag. And they knew they were going to leak real bad, they attached diapers to the belly pan to keep the leaks from getting to the fancy garage floor. I worked on both and wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, most were way under 100k too. Not sure if it is the V6 or V8 , both had their share of problems that will make you love that Buick like nothing else. I have a Buick LeSabre and haven't done anything other than oil changes and tire rotations for the past 70k and it doesn't ask for anything. I would rather put 5k into your Century than to buy the Jag for that much. But in the end it is your decision. Anyone who has had any experience with these cars will tell you to RUN. Best of luck with the new (to you) car.

Back