Is it me or them at the bagel store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points Imp4. I have the perception that there are many less teenage workers in these evening/weekend/summer part-time positions compared to a decade or more ago. A lot of these jobs are where teenagers learned the basics of work ethic, responsibility, etc.. I wonder if this plays into today's situation.

Good points Imp4. I have the perception that there are many less teenage workers in these evening/weekend/summer part-time positions compared to a decade or more ago. A lot of these jobs are where teenagers learned the basics of work ethic, responsibility, etc.. I wonder if this plays into today's situation.
I think people are just richer these days and teenagers are too busy playing soccer or whatever sports or extracurricular activities they need to do to beef up their resume for their college applications. I know several people with teenagers that haven't worked a real job.

Higher wages higher prices until no business, and no I don`t have a solution without being political.
It is called self service. Instead of mom and pop general stores we now have Walmart, and instead of travel agents we now have Expedia, and instead of full service gas station we now have self service, and instead of dine in restaurant we now have drive through and take out.

This basically started since stone age, and then got way ahead during industrial revolution, and continue to the dot com days.

Mom and pop better not do general stores these days and specialize, get on YouTube, get 300k subscribers, becomes reputable in their domains, and do business across the nation by mail.

How come it's always people are too lazy to work when it's really they're just not paying enough? It's basically whatever they're offering, it's not enough to get employees. You notice that there's no shortage of highly paid CEO's and upper level management right? But if there aren't enough workers, it's not because wages are too low, it's because they're too lazy. Right.
My millionaire senior neighbors are finally too lazy to work. They were doing part time at McD and then suddenly start having to deal with angry customers, homeless harassments, concern for covid, and finally concerned for their grandkids being exposed in daycare. So they just decided to be bums and watch PBS Kids with their grandkids instead of going back to burger flipping.

How dare they, they should go back to be contributing members of the society instead of staying home with kids. These kids are going to be spoiled and becomes lazy bums and housewives just like their grandparents when they grow up. There are customers waiting for their happy meals! You know, HAPPY MEALS!

My bagel shop is the discussion is walkable from my house. We've walked there before. It's about 2 miles away. Glad we didn't walk there and find it closed for lunch.
Many people have learned to check a business's hours of operation before making the trip. You've got a computer, you've got a smartphone, you've got Google, you've got Yelp, etc.

Last edited:
That sums it up well enough.

Days of posting have covered check first. Going in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back