Is anybody riding out Sally?

We live in the Florida panhandle and up until yesterday we didn't have much concern for this storm as it was projected to go to the west. Some time last night it took a turn and was projected to hit us directly! We had a restless night last night and the winds are still howling now. Lots of flooding in our area but thankfully no significant damage in our yard yet. Hopefully the worst of it will soon be behind us.

We live in the Florida panhandle and up until yesterday we didn't have much concern for this storm as it was projected to go to the west. Some time last night it took a turn and was projected to hit us directly! We had a restless night last night and the winds are still howling now. Lots of flooding in our area but thankfully no significant damage in our yard yet. Hopefully the worst of it will soon be behind us.

I was thinking about you a little while ago while reading an article about some damage to the Three Mile Bridge in Pensacola. Good luck, Greg, hopefully you've avoided any major issues.

West coast of the country is very dry and burning.... here in Florida we‘ve had a very wet summer and constantly raining.

I was thinking about you a little while ago while reading an article about some damage to the Three Mile Bridge in Pensacola. Good luck, Greg, hopefully you've avoided any major issues.
Is that the bridge that carries I-10?
I remember back on 2003, (I think it was 2003) a hurricane knocked down the Eastbound lane of I-10. Could not return to my primary Florida location from my NM location. Had to take alternate route to Montgomery then down to Tallahassee.

I have an Aunt that lives down Ft. Morgan road in Gulf Shores. Their neighbor hood backs up to Mobile bay. Word is their garage flooded but the house is dry. They do have roof damage. They evacuated North.
My cousin lives in Orange Beach rode it out in her bathroom while the house shook and creaked around her. She said she'd "never thought she would be happy to have roof damage" but that's all she got.

My son said that a friend of theirs tried to ride out the storm on a boat in a Marina near Orange Beach . His father was with him . The boat capsized and the father drowned .

A friend of mine in Alabama rode it out and said "Never again". He's still waiting for power to be restored, and water, and grocery stores, etc.

I just heard about this on the news. Said they got 2ft of rain today. That is more than double what we get in a year!

The destruction is crazy with that much rain! We had a rainstorm last year where it rained 3 inches in 12 hours. Lifted and destroyed my garage slab and flooded everything.

Back