Is a vehicle a "He" or a "She"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Summer is here (maybe)
and season for sipping a cold one
while looking at the trees moving in the wind
and thinking about life most pressing existential matters,
does a vehicle is a "She" or a "He"?

We didn't have a lot of luck with the "He" part, hold the '97 Chrysler Concorde "The Brick" for 2 months before deceasing from meeting a hurried soccer mom....

So:
'95 Mercury Mystique: "The Squirrel"
'95 Hyundai Accent: "Itty-Bitty"
'04 Hyundai Elantra: "Sour Cherry"
'08 Toyota Yaris: "Bluey"
'13 Mazda5: "Mazda"
'16 VW Sportwagen: "Blanca"
the GPS: "Miss Veeta"

Have you had named your car/vehicle?
Have you named your car/vehicle *** names after working on it?

P.S. Just saw Today a Big Vehicles transport Semi painted in Violet/Bright Purple..."Her" name was Amethyst.

Never thought of it, 2 of my cars have names I guess, the Camry is "Lé Camry" since LE is the trim level. Sophisticated!

The Jeep is the "Jeepy" since that's what my grandpa always called it when he owned it.

From the moment you meet one, they take all your money and in the end leave you with nothing. What does that sound like??
25.gif

My first 528e was dubbed the Borman 6 From a movie Putney Swope There was an ad campaign with the catch phrase " Borman 6 girl got to have soul!" And she did have a soul. The '86 528e, strted life colored bergundy. FL sun destroyed the clearcoat. Like all 528es, it ran like a watch. But man was it ugly. We called it the Grape My white '16 Camry is the Fridge. It is an it. Like all appliances, soulless.

Generally when I do name cars or guns it is a girls name, usually an adult film actress. However my 95 Mustang is affectionately known as "Stevie Wonder" to my friends since it looks like he painted it.

We call my Impala "The Impala" and the Colorado is called "The Colorado" or "The Truck". My other vehicle is called "The Cavalier". All of them are mechanized transport units. I've got to stop before I cry.

Colorado is Binkie...death's horse in diskworld, white and quite an ordinary horse (the mini is misnamed, but cool).
Captiva is Stanley (after Stanley in cars...wife hates it when I put a Stan Lee face on it).

Kids named the cars before that.
Caprice was Doc
Navara was lightning (blue 4WD ute, I get it).
323i was Sally
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Before that, nothing was named...

Although my 1973 Torana with triple carbs as notorious for not starting after being "parked" for a while...girlfriends swore it was a she, and it was Jealous.

For those folks from the Philly area,remember WMMR DJ Pierre Robert and his VW microbus named Minerva? He loved Minerva.

My mother always called her cars "Bessie"

My wife had a goldfish when she was a child. Named it "Goldie". In that same vein, she's named her Rav4 "Ravy".

I think mine is just an it. I refer to them either as the grey one or the blue one. Although technically one is designo graphite and the other is tanzanite blue. Previous cars were either referred to by the model or just the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back