Iranian navy intercepted US-flagged ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The cargo ship, which had more than 30 people aboard, was directed to waters near Larak Island, he said.

The Iranian vessels, numbering five or six, were with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy, Warren said."

"It is inappropriate" for the Iranians to have fired warning shots across the ship's bridge in those circumstances, Warren said, adding that it was too early to know whether the Iranian intervention amounted to a violation of the freedom of navigation through a waterway heavily used by international shipping.

The spokesman said the U.S. government has "certain obligations" to defend the interests of the Marshall Islands, but he was uncertain how those obligations apply in this situation."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04/28/...-official-says/

So now it is one directed into Iranian waters and one that was interacted with while underway in an international shipping channel?

Sounds like someone wants to stop the current nuke talks.

Seems like baiting because once the 5" is fired in Iranian waters against swarm boats, then you have an internatonal incident.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
So now it is one directed into Iranian waters and one that was interacted with while underway in an international shipping channel?

Sounds like someone wants to stop the current nuke talks.

Seems like baiting because once the 5" is fired in Iranian waters against swarm boats, then you have an internatonal incident.

Agreed. But this means we will bend over more to appease the Iranian's.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
NOT A US-FLAGGED SHIP, NO AMERICANS ABOARD

What? Fox noise getting their "facts" wrong; that never happens.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
NOT A US-FLAGGED SHIP, NO AMERICANS ABOARD

I believe it is a Marinara Islands-flagged ship. Those islands are a US protectorate and territory.

Of course Americans first, but an international crew taken as prisoner isnt any better.

So do the Iranians have the ship or not?

Owned by Maersk a Danish company, leased by a German firm, and flagged under the Marshall Islands. US has certain obligations to defend the Marshall Islands I think it said, but no direct American business links to this ship nor any Americans among the crew.

Still, its an intentionally provocative move by the Iranians. USS Faragut was making best speed to get into the area and had it's helo flying recon. Dare the Iranian puddle pirates to take a shot at the Faragut. Blub Blub time if they do . . . Arleigh Burke's can kick some arse.

My understanding was the ship was one of our allies, and not a US ship per say. Either way it seems the Iranians are trying to grow a pair.

Also this didn't happen in international waters in the typical sense. The strait is actually in Iranian waters, but it's considered an open trade route.

Apparently the shipping company owes some $$.

It was registered in the Marshall Islands. The ship was involved in some sort of financial dispute with an Iranian company, so the Iranians detained it.

Maybe Fox was too distracted with the Baltimore riots to do basic fact-checking. Sean and Geraldo were really on their game last night.

I use to watch Fox until election night when they had Romney winning Ohio. I realized they only report things people want to hear. No Go Zones is an example. Paris sued them. I really feel sorry for people who watch this lie and do not realize and then report what they see and hear. Can you imagine if they gave scores? But at the same time they have a lot of followers and do very well in ratings no wonder things are so screwed up.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
It was registered in the Marshall Islands. The ship was involved in some sort of financial dispute with an Iranian company, so the Iranians detained it.

Maybe Fox was too distracted with the Baltimore riots to do basic fact-checking. Sean and Geraldo were really on their game last night.

Maybe CNN was equally distracted since they reported exactly the same story, facts and all.

Maybe critical thinking should be applied to every story, instead of simply choosing your news source based on political alignment that satisfies your personal perspective.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
I use to watch Fox until election night when they had Romney winning Ohio. I realized they only report things people want to hear. No Go Zones is an example. Paris sued them. I really feel sorry for people who watch this lie and do not realize and then report what they see and hear. Can you imagine if they gave scores? But at the same time they have a lot of followers and do very well in ratings no wonder things are so screwed up.

I used to watch CNN until I saw the blatant political bias that they espouse.

They have a lot of followers who are unable to discern the inherent CNN political position, and they do very well in the ratings, at least, as long as they push racial tension and airplane crashes. They report on what their viewership wants to hear. I feel sorry for people who watch the CNN lies...oh, I'm sorry, I mean "mistakes"...Oops...but people choose their news based on political preconceptions, and allow themselves to be comforted by reporting that supports their feelings, and makes them feel better about themselves...this selection of the easy way is far more simple, requires far less effort than thinking critically, examining facts, reserving judgement...those approaches take effort...

No wonder things are so screwed up.

I find it hard to believe any media source . The government, corporation propanganda machines playing the non thinkers emotions

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Whose CNN?

LOL...

Couldn't agree more!

cheers,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back