iPad won’t log into WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always let my next door neighbor use my WiFi signal for her iPad. It suddenly started displaying a message that says "Cannot Verify Server Identity" and she can't log on. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Are you using regular PSK2/CCMP encryption?

The other thing to try, which I'm sure you've already done many times, is to tell the IPad to forget your network, then re-enter it.

That message refers to the Mail application typically on the iPad(also iPhone) having issues accessing email server when it in fact has wifi.

Can the neighbor go to Safari(web browser) and open a web page to validate Wifi connectivity?

If the iPad can connect to a web page(eg Wifi) then it means diagnosing the Mail settings. No good deed goes unpunished
smile.gif
giving free Wifi.

I'll try the re-enter network suggestion and the reset all settings as well when I get off work and see it that fixes it for her.

There was a notice last week I saw that said if you don't update the software on certain Apple products, then they would completely stop working or something.

Can you hook it up to ANY internet and update the software?

Originally Posted by bubbatime
There was a notice last week I saw that said if you don't update the software on certain Apple products, then they would completely stop working or something.

Can you hook it up to ANY internet and update the software?

I will have her run the update using her data.

I had her come over last night when gf and I got home so I could see in person what exactly her devices are doing. I ran the iOS software update own her iPhone and it still wont get on the internet,but it's showing full strength wifi signal. Her iPad says it needs to be activated? She said this is a recent thing too. Here's what both screens look like:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Go into Settings and the WiFi network and see what it is using for DNS servers and if it is somehow giving itself a Proxy (which is possible). If no proxy, try manually forcing DNS to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Was this iPad reset recently perhaps? I think I had something similar happen to one of our old iPads when I reset it as it was getting slow. I needed to connect it to iTunes in order to activate, just like the message says. It would not self activate over the internet.

Last edited:
The first one is likely due to expired root certificates. The easiest way to get new root certificates is to update the whole OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back