Introducing Personalized Avatars - POLICY on creation and use

Status
Not open for further replies.
US Navy avatar would be nice...like an aircraft carrier
Completely agree! You're welcome to choose one, I've been too pre-occupied with other things to consider an avatar for me, but I was thinking this one was cool...

CVN-78_Artist_Image.jpg

I really had to much fun n the Navy, you would not believe it,,flying in and out of Sherman Field Pensacola fl, from 67-Feb 69, fishing, scuba diving, boating,swiming,airsea rescue , some work,lol, beautiful base, but that was the late 60s before the Middle East War business and Pensacola was still undiscovered by the nation, now its crowded and well, its just way to busy and crowded IMHO...oh well...

I really had to much fun n the Navy, you would not believe it,,flying in and out of Sherman Field Pensacola fl, from 67-Feb 69, fishing, scuba diving, boating,swiming,airsea rescue , some work,lol, beautiful base, but that was the late 60s before the Middle East War business and Pensacola was still undiscovered by the nation, now its crowded and well, its just way to busy and crowded IMHO...oh well...
Know it well.

BITOG has moved to a new forum software, which has the capability to employ personal avatars. For those who do not know what these are, they are a small, 400x400 pixel square image, which optionally replaces the colored square with your initials. Avatars are used to introduce some personalized flair, and better represent you, the user, on the forum. With the software now fully operational and stable, it is the intention of BITOG management to enable this function to users in good status. We believe this will be a fun capability to make available to everyone, assuming that users can adhere to standards set forth related to the creation and use of avatars.

It is recommended that users refresh themselves on agreed to site terms: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum-rules/

And to the standards of conduct for the site: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/bitog-standard-of-conduct.319568/

- BITOG keeps a “family friendly” site, which is free of religion, sex and politics. Avatars will be held to this same standard, and held to strict scrutiny.

- An avatar shall be at least 400x400 pixels, square, and be a non-animated, still image. The Xenforo software will resize as necessary.

- An avatar will notionally reflect you, the user, and why you’re here. This generally means automotive or other mechanical equipment lubrication and maintenance. Thus avatars may include non-copyrighted images and self-made graphics associated with items including but not limited to the following: cars, trucks, boats, aircraft, and manufacturers and emblems of same; oils, lubricants, and manufacturers and emblems of same; engines, mechanical components, or items similar in nature; personally-taken images that reflect any of the aforementioned elements.

- Other images of a non inflammatory nature, adhering to the existing standards and policies, including non-copyrightted logos of sports teams; Universities; National, State and Local flags displayed in a correct and respectful manner; Military component insignia; personal facial images; personal images of scenery may be used.

- While automotive and oil-associated emblems are permitted, BITOG tries to minimize advertising, and limits the number of site sponsors. Thus other corporate logos and emblems are considered advertising, and will not be permitted.

- In order to ensure that BITOG remains family friendly, free of inflammatory topics, and clear of religion/sex/politics, the following list, including but not limited to the items therein, or elements similar in nature are forbidden from avatars: Anything considered ”Not Safe For Work” (NSFW); anything displaying a graphic intrinsically sexual, religious, or political in nature; political or religious figures or likenesses; likenesses of people not yourself; images of women in bathing suits or other clothing that does not provide full coverage, or is suggestive in nature; images of women or men in compromising positions, including portions thereof (e.g., breast photos); images or symbols of political movements or ideologies; images or symbols of racial movements or ideologies; images or symbols of sexual or sexual orientation movements or ideologies; Avatars that have any sort of coloration or flag overlay indicating support for a country, group, ideology, or other faction; Images of guns, knives or swords, except for those present in an insignia of a Military component or officially recognized jurisdiction’s flag; Images of bullet holes or other indications of shooting; images that display destruction or damage of property or items; Confederate flags; logos associated with activities promoting change or control of the population or advocating legal change; logos associated with political candidates or their campagns; colored looped ribbons of any type.

The management of this site emphasizes the desire to see creative, personal avatars, which can remain clean and family friendly, and better express the users’ personalities.

BITOG has moved to a new forum software, which has the capability to employ personal avatars. For those who do not know what these are, they are a small, 400x400 pixel square image, which optionally replaces the colored square with your initials. Avatars are used to introduce some personalized flair, and better represent you, the user, on the forum. With the software now fully operational and stable, it is the intention of BITOG management to enable this function to users in good status. We believe this will be a fun capability to make available to everyone, assuming that users can adhere to standards set forth related to the creation and use of avatars.

It is recommended that users refresh themselves on agreed to site terms: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum-rules/

And to the standards of conduct for the site: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/bitog-standard-of-conduct.319568/

- BITOG keeps a “family friendly” site, which is free of religion, sex and politics. Avatars will be held to this same standard, and held to strict scrutiny.

- An avatar shall be at least 400x400 pixels, square, and be a non-animated, still image. The Xenforo software will resize as necessary.

- An avatar will notionally reflect you, the user, and why you’re here. This generally means automotive or other mechanical equipment lubrication and maintenance. Thus avatars may include non-copyrighted images and self-made graphics associated with items including but not limited to the following: cars, trucks, boats, aircraft, and manufacturers and emblems of same; oils, lubricants, and manufacturers and emblems of same; engines, mechanical components, or items similar in nature; personally-taken images that reflect any of the aforementioned elements.

- Other images of a non inflammatory nature, adhering to the existing standards and policies, including non-copyrightted logos of sports teams; Universities; National, State and Local flags displayed in a correct and respectful manner; Military component insignia; personal facial images; personal images of scenery may be used.

- While automotive and oil-associated emblems are permitted, BITOG tries to minimize advertising, and limits the number of site sponsors. Thus other corporate logos and emblems are considered advertising, and will not be permitted.

- In order to ensure that BITOG remains family friendly, free of inflammatory topics, and clear of religion/sex/politics, the following list, including but not limited to the items therein, or elements similar in nature are forbidden from avatars: Anything considered ”Not Safe For Work” (NSFW); anything displaying a graphic intrinsically sexual, religious, or political in nature; political or religious figures or likenesses; likenesses of people not yourself; images of women in bathing suits or other clothing that does not provide full coverage, or is suggestive in nature; images of women or men in compromising positions, including portions thereof (e.g., breast photos); images or symbols of political movements or ideologies; images or symbols of racial movements or ideologies; images or symbols of sexual or sexual orientation movements or ideologies; Avatars that have any sort of coloration or flag overlay indicating support for a country, group, ideology, or other faction; Images of guns, knives or swords, except for those present in an insignia of a Military component or officially recognized jurisdiction’s flag; Images of bullet holes or other indications of shooting; images that display destruction or damage of property or items; Confederate flags; logos associated with activities promoting change or control of the population or advocating legal change; logos associated with political candidates or their campagns; colored looped ribbons of any type.

The management of this site emphasizes the desire to see creative, personal avatars, which can remain clean and family friendly, and better express the users’ personalities.

1614877506891.jpg
I was a member of the 48th Armored Division (National Guard) a long time ago. If this meets your approval I'd like to use it as an avatar. I joined BITOG when Bob Winters started it in 2002. My screen name was krholm. When this new format was installed I was unable to access the site and rejoined as Radiometer. I rarely post but I visit often. Thank you for consideration. I might add than I knew Bob Winters personally. He came into my home and I was with him at his home. This was prior to his devastating stroke.

Last edited:
View attachment 47834I was a member of the 48th Armored Division (National Guard) a long time ago. If this meets your approval I'd like to use it as an avatar. I joined BITOG when Bob Winters started it in 2002. My screen name was krholm. When this new format was installed I was unable to access the site and rejoined as Radiometer. I rarely post but I visit often. Thank you for consideration. I might add than I knew Bob Winters personally. He came into my home and I was with him at his home. This was prior to his devastating stroke.

- Other images of a non inflammatory nature, adhering to the existing standards and policies, including ... Military component insignia;

- In order to ensure that BITOG remains family friendly, free of inflammatory topics, and clear of religion/sex/politics, the following list, including but not limited to the items therein, or elements similar in nature are forbidden from avatars: ... Images of guns, knives or swords, except for those present in an insignia of a Military component or officially recognized jurisdiction’s flag;

I think you're good, thanks for asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back