Interstate 95 Bridges and Overpasses

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Going south from VA. on down except in Florida did anybody else hit those grooved sections of road that sound exactly like your cell phone started to ring? Very annoying...

I think that's the section in South Carolina, maybe Georgia, but I think their section is pretty good. Anyway, it's been like that for over a year, and recently, according to my neighbor, truckers have taken to straddling the center line to avoid the awful noise and vibrations.
It's horrible.
Then they took out a lane on a bridge to rebuild it (last year) with NO warning and NO detour. An hour delay at least.

The real shame is, it's just in need of resurfacing, and the state won't do it.

I think that's the section in South Carolina, maybe Georgia, but I think their section is pretty good. Anyway, it's been like that for over a year, and recently, according to my neighbor, truckers have taken to straddling the center line to avoid the awful noise and vibrations.
It's horrible.
Then they took out a lane on a bridge to rebuild it (last year) with NO warning and NO detour. An hour delay at least.

The real shame is, it's just in need of resurfacing, and the state won't do it.
Yup you're right.
Being in a car it wasn't bad but you get that phone ring shock and look at the console and nobody is calling..lol

Yeah the road surface on 95 in VA is interesting-- you get good drainage for five miles then hydroplane for five, repeat.

That bridge in South Carolina, going north, still down to 1 lane? I went thru there last April 2023, it was 1 lane, yes, the delay was long.

Back