Intermediate/Advanced Excel online training/software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a good software to learn some of the more advanced functions of Excel?
Recently I started a job where having that knowledge would be beneficial.

Some of the topics I'm looking to learn are:
Vlookups
Pivot tables
IFERROR
etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I prefer something that'll help me learn and apply in my own time, versus online courses with set schedules.
Something along the lines of a "Mavis Beacon teaches typing" format.

thanks in advance.

If you are already familiar with excel and just looking for help learning the advanced functions I would go to youtube and see if there is anything on there. I've found some surprisingly good software tutorials on other subjects there.

Not intended as a put down, but those functions are fairly basic Excel stuff. YouTube is a great place to learn.
Just to give you an example of Excel's capabilities, I used to maintain a database of 1400 trucks, import the weekly fuel records, weekly gps records (exceptions on rates of acceleration, speeding, idle time) and report out versus targets on a structured basis each Monday afternoon for the previous week's info. Records in the 100s of thousands. That level is getting into some interesting Excel programming.

Originally Posted by Danno
Not intended as a put down, but those functions are fairly basic Excel stuff. YouTube is a great place to learn.
Just to give you an example of Excel's capabilities, I used to maintain a database of 1400 trucks, import the weekly fuel records, weekly gps records (exceptions on rates of acceleration, speeding, idle time) and report out versus targets on a structured basis each Monday afternoon for the previous week's info. Records in the 100s of thousands. That level is getting into some interesting Excel programming.

It sounds like your right at the cutoff between Excel and a true database. A few more years of data growth and you might exceed the max limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back